Finding rental properties...

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with sledding... How come there is such a demand for rental properties starting from Salmon Arm down to Kelowna and so little offered? I am looking for a 2 bdrm house (preferably) or apartment (no condo!) around Salmon Arm and there is almost nothing available. I got the impression for every available rental on kijiji there are two wanted ads of people looking for rentals. What's wrong with this area?

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think almost all areas are stressed due to to FT Mac fires..... Pretty areas more so

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause its awesome there. Low vacancy ext You can rent a small condo out for 1400$ a week in the summer time, if it's near the water.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause there all rent out for summer

Winter there is lots, but then the people in there for the winter get booted out for big money summer rentals

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cause there all rent out for summer

Winter there is lots, but then the people in there for the winter get booted out for big money summer rentals

Thanks for the encouragement guys, lol. I don't think a tenant with eg. a year-long lease agreement can be evicted by the landlord half-way through the term?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Problem is most are 3 to 6 months or month to month

So that's how they get away with it

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You try Vernon ? Winfield? Sicamous and salmon arm are always booked for summer my business partner rents his cabin for July and August on lake okanogan and it pays the mortgage and property tax for the entire year hard not to do that if your able

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You try Vernon ? Winfield? Sicamous and salmon arm are always booked for summer my business partner rents his cabin for July and August on lake okanogan and it pays the mortgage and property tax for the entire year hard not to do that if your able

Exactly, that's what I was trying to say

They are usually booked till Sept long and then school goes back in

This year is the worst, as the Americans are here in droves with the dollar the way it is

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Not interested in anything south of Armstrong. Really like SA area. And I got the impression the further south you go from Vernon the more expensive rentals and property becomes.

Checked last night and did find a new listing:). Have contacted the owner already.
Is Canoe a nice area to live in?

I did not expect as many responses when starting this thread. Thank you guys for the humorous and informative posts.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah canoes cool I know some old hippies that live there captain coves marina is good for moorage only down side is the mill is a 24/7 operation and the train runs threw there long as your a heavy sleeper it's a good spot

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canoe is a good, cheaper place yes, right close to water and east side of SA

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canoe is a big trailer park that backs onto a mill and has a CP mainline running through it but it's close to the water, has a nice view and a really relaxed atmosphere. Is it just you or do you have a family? Are basement suites within your consideration?

snowcannon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Canoe is a big trailer park that backs onto a mill and has a CP mainline running through it but it's close to the water, has a nice view and a really relaxed atmosphere. Is it just you or do you have a family? Are basement suites within your consideration?

Just my wife and I. Ideally I would want a house. Currently renting a condo suite and not liking it. Don't make noise, only one parking stall, not allowed to use a charcoal barbecue... the list of don'ts goes on. I guess I have gotten so used to having the neighbor at a "safe" distance. I feel like a tiger in a cage. Rather pay a bit more or rent something older than have people all around me.
Currently waiting to hear back for a house outside of canoe.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just my wife and I. Ideally I would want a house. Currently renting a condo suite and not liking it. Don't make noise, only one parking stall, not allowed to use a charcoal barbecue... the list of don'ts goes on. I guess I have gotten so used to having the neighbor at a "safe" distance. I feel like a tiger in a cage. Rather pay a bit more or rent something older than have people all around me.
Currently waiting to hear back for a house outside of canoe.
Hope you find what you're after. My parents will have a suite for rent in September if you can't find what you're looking for.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still haven't rented the inlaw sweet out yet??

Top Bottom