Finally get to give boost a shot!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Didn't take one pic all weekend so have too poach a few from everyone else, thanks for taking a few pics Mike!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 206

Clode

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yup sore arms are a result of the killer fun that boost creates....well worth the pain...

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
After doing a bit of reasearch and talking to Julien at Alpine motorsports I found out that this is a bigger kit than I was told, it is a 16 too 24 pound set up running around 380 or 390 on race gas at 24 pounds of boost. I ran it at 18 pounds the first too days and now know why I couldn't get it lower than 16 pounds. Not sure what horsepower it run at 16 pounds but I assure you it's lots.Was very impressed with the time Julien took to explain too me as much as he could with the info I gave him.looks like I'm stuck buying race gas haha.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
After doing a bit of reasearch and talking to Julien at Alpine motorsports I found out that this is a bigger kit than I was told, it is a 16 too 24 pound set up running around 380 or 390 on race gas at 24 pounds of boost. I ran it at 18 pounds the first too days and now know why I couldn't get it lower than 16 pounds. Not sure what horsepower it run at 16 pounds but I assure you it's lots.Was very impressed with the time Julien took to explain too me as much as he could with the info I gave him.looks like I'm stuck buying race gas haha.
It is easy to get the boost down. If it is a headshim motor then no reason you couldn't run straight pump at 13-15 lbs. just have to clutch it accordingly.

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will be down to see you soon , it does have a head shim and I definatly need you to set er up for me.16 is more than I need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistonbroke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is easy to get the boost down. If it is a headshim motor then no reason you couldn't run straight pump at 13-15 lbs. just have to clutch it accordingly.

^this. I ran mine on straight 91 at 12-14 psi and holy moley it was fast. Miss it every once in a whie <sniff>. lol

Top Bottom