Final Clean

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking to give my sled a really good clean before I hand it over to her new owner. Thought of brake cleaning the bejesus out of it and bringing it to a car wash to hose off. Am I risking damaging anything if I do this? Any other suggestions? Just want to make sure she's all shiney and good to go when he comes to get her.

Any info would be appreciated. Cheers! :D :beer:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
naa. i just cover any air intakes very well and your good to go. and keep it at a good distance when working around the electonics the pressure could damage wires etc.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
naa. i just cover any air intakes very well and your good to go. and keep it at a good distance when working around the electonics the pressure could damage wires etc.

Thanks! The wires are what I was concerned about. Perfect, this will allow me to get her really clean for him. Going to polish the tunnel and anything else I can as well.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Rowdy, try using simple green instead of brake kleen, its a little less abrasive and still does a fantastic job of cleaning pretty well everything, including belt dust, oil spills etc.

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rowdy, try using simple green instead of brake kleen, its a little less abrasive and still does a fantastic job of cleaning pretty well everything, including belt dust, oil spills etc.

I will go get some tonight! Thanks Tyler!

Bernoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Where do you find it TylerG

InFeRnO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't start after you pressure wash it just take your spark plug wires off and blow them out with compressed air. I am an auto service tech and have had lots of no starts after I wash the engine. Should fire up after that. Don't be scared to do it though. Take maxwells advice and just cover the intakes and be easy with the gun around electrical components. If you have some electrical connectors that are in the open just take them apart and put a dab of dielectric grease as this will repel moisture and will help with corrosion. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom