Fifth Wheel Axle Alignment

d10

Reaction score
my tire on my raptor toyhauler is wearing and was wondering if anyone has had there axles aligned on there trailer and if so how did it work? did the problem get solved? also i run with 80 lbs psi as reccomended i've also have never weighed my unit at the scales! but i'm pretty sure i have an axle problem i hope!!

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
took my toyhauler to kal tire in the west end of edmonton and they fixed and aligned mine..i had a chop block fall out of the truck and bend the axle..they straightend it and aligned the wheells..6 tires and alignment was aro 1800.00 bucks..i dont believe any trailer axles are aligned from the factory...thats what i was told anyways

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Spruce land??? I think its called in the Grove did mine. No more bad tire wear issues

d10

Reaction score
thanks for the info just wondering how long did it this take to spend 1800.00 half day or a day??? i'm coming in from out of edmonton??

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info just wondering how long did it this take to spend 1800.00 half day or a day??? i'm coming in from out of edmonton??
..drop it off in the morning and pick it up at the end of day

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
..make arrangements first tho..they had the best price on the tire's too

d10

Reaction score
sure will thanks! i'm running carlyal tires not sure if i spelled carlyal right!! but i will give them a call. was that spruceland a tire shop?

GRD

Reaction score
my tire on my raptor toyhauler is wearing and was wondering if anyone has had there axles aligned on there trailer and if so how did it work? did the problem get solved? also i run with 80 lbs psi as reccomended i've also have never weighed my unit at the scales! but i'm pretty sure i have an axle problem i hope!!

Is your axle bent?

higher n you

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Spruceland brake and steering in spruce grove. $140/axle. In and out in a day. They will be doing my raptor as well soon

d10

Reaction score
i'm not sure if is bent or out of line hope to find out when i take it in thank you for the info guy's

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
If it is spring axles they are bent if your tire is wearing. If you have torsion it is out of alignment.

d10

Reaction score
spring axles!! they are . mcoy brothers, or city sring should be able to look at this also do ya think?

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spring axles!! they are . mcoy brothers, or city sring should be able to look at this also do ya think?

I had McCoy Bros in Red deer align the toe and camber on the spring axles on my old Dutchman. They were kinda fawked from new. They did a great job, and it was only in there for half a day.

d10

Reaction score
i like that fawked !! mind have been fawked from new olso i don't know how these trailer mfg. get away with this bs anyways thanks again for the info' will make afew calls and go from there.

Luck.ycangus

Reaction score
if you have to replace make sure to go with heavier ones. you can never have to heavy of axles under your trailer.

MXRACER

Reaction score
X2 for City Spring, we have a 42 foot triple axle KZ Inferno that had axle, spring hanger and tire wear issues from day one to the point that the springs broke and hangers ripped from the frame. Factory tried to repair with a half wit welder with no success. I took the unit to City Spring on the south side of Edmonton and they completely removed all my axles, hangers and drop frame that everything attached to. They rebuilt everything with heavier guage material in a better box design, added and gusseted new hangers increased spring rate and aligned for all around $3000.00 the trailer tows incredibly smooth and has no wonder side to side, tires have over 12,000km on them since work was done and show no signs of wear. We use this unit every weekend from Aprl to the end of September for MX racing. Depending on how trailer is loaded and angle of hook up to truck front to back will also contribute to severe tire wear. These big units are definetly lacking good running gear.

four4all

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had some toe in wear on our 37' cyclone - prob due to alignment, but also maybe those crappy Chinese Towmax tires.
I called City Spring - $140/axle for alignment. Called McCoy (Peerless and aka Fleet Brake) - $345 for 2 axles.
I went to McCoys a couple days ago but found they could not check the camber as their machine did not fit on my rims.
They did bend the axles in the one direction so it should help out. I don't believe the factory aligns stuff either - it's pretty common to get trailer axles aligned.
If the alignment is fixed, I'm moving up to GY614 G rated tires for next year. (best price on those is 425/tire installed OTD - ouch)
A tire blowout on these rigs can really do some major damage to the side of your rig.
Good luck.

Top Bottom