Fernie

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy looks to be getting done work. I should know tomorrow. Not sure if he wants to do Golden or Fernie. Both look to be getting snow in the next few days though.

I'll see and let you guys know. Hopefully Shawn can get both sleds fixed. I hope to line up a riser tomorrow if I can, no big deal if not. I think I am blaming the bar height for my crappy riding =)

Q

GRD

Reaction score
is there alot of beginner stuff around golden? or is it mostly peaks, not really comfortable doing alot of extream climbing, but like to get out and try new stuff.

I think Golden is a little more advanced than Morrisey. But both have alot of play areas. If you know your limits, either place is good!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think Golden is a little more advanced than Morrisey. But both have alot of play areas. If you know your limits, either place is good!

i agree
fernie has had more snow in the last week and a little less busy

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at weather sounds like fernie and elkford are inn a heavy snow fall warning for tonighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.20-25 cmmmmmmmmm`s

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looked at weather sounds like fernie and elkford are inn a heavy snow fall warning for tonighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.20-25 cmmmmmmmmm`s

Castle got 3-4 feet Saturday night. We were the first to break trail Sunday morning and had a hell of day.

Problem being is the snow was wet, so I imagine the cold temps might make it either grainy (bottomless) or hard.

We couldn't get to the top upper bowl it was so deep.

Mtn DOO

Reaction score
Just talked to my buddies on their way home from Corbin. They said there was 4-5ft of new snow everywhere. Been riding this area for more that 10 years and never seen a dump of snow like this. :)
This is the weekend guys... be careful for the avys!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to my buddies on their way home from Corbin. They said there was 4-5ft of new snow everywhere. Been riding this area for more that 10 years and never seen a dump of snow like this. :)
This is the weekend guys... be careful for the avys!

wooooooot
ITS GONNA be a GOOD R
you guys should all stay home and watch football. I will go out and check the snow to make sure it will be good for everyone else next WEEK lol

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wooooooot
ITS GONNA be a GOOD R
you guys should all stay home and watch football. I will go out and check the snow to make sure it will be good for everyone else next WEEK lol

Hey Shawn, Did you hear about the avy at Castle Mountain Monday? I guess it ended up on the ski-area, but nobody was involved.

That area was pretty crazy. Some of the guys riding Sunday we were around were stopping in Avy run-outs and I was shaking my head. They didn't look like they had shovels either, so I doubt they had beacons.

When you get that kind of snow in one night with already high warnings you think people would be a little safer about things!

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Shawn, Did you hear about the avy at Castle Mountain Monday? I guess it ended up on the ski-area, but nobody was involved.

That area was pretty crazy. Some of the guys riding Sunday we were around were stopping in Avy run-outs and I was shaking my head. They didn't look like they had shovels either, so I doubt they had beacons.

When you get that kind of snow in one night with already high warnings you think people would be a little safer about things!

ya the trail in to castle has 3 avi chutes not the safest area to be riding this weekend
FERNIE it is lets go TREE BANG N
are you coming
ps I put a link to that slide in the Genaeral chat I was skiing the exact spot 2 days before that slide and theres a few pics of all the snow

Dobir

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blaze....kid just got back from Fernie said the snow is like nothing he has seen before...we are in for big snow tomorrow..

Mtn DOO

Reaction score
A couple pics... don't get any deeper than this!:D
fernie 999 feb 08.jpg

fernie XP feb 08.jpg

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaa.

Those pics look like the ones we had from Castle when they got the huge dump! All you could see of your sled was the bars! You'd be carving the snow and hop to the other side and barely catch an edge because the heavy snow just made the side of the sled one large pile of snow.

Here are some pics from this past weekend. We all had a great time. Everybody was grinning from ear to ear.

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20001.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20004.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20012.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20036.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20045.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20055.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20062.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20071.jpg

Fernie%20Feb%203rd%20082.jpg

GRD

Reaction score
Nice snow... Only a couple pictures worked.

cat girl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
WOW thats awesome!! We are off to Fernie tonight, I am SOooooooooooooooooo excited, looks like stuck is in my future :D

Top Bottom