fernie update

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
The trail is operable; it will be a work in progress as we cut a tree here and there to straighten it out and make little improvements. "To Wrangler cabin" signs will be put up on one side and "To Fernie signs" on the other. The logging road crossing will be well signed and have good sight lines for both truckers and sledders.

With our traditional dump of snow before Xmas to cover the base we will be in heaven. All we ask now, "use the family friendly trail instead of the plowed logging road. :xmas2004_15:

feeze95

Reaction score
Doug(fernie snow) and volunteers,
We got to ride the trail out at the end of the day on saturday and i would like to say thank you for all your hard work. The new trail will make wranglers alot easier to acess along with not having to worry about the trucks! Snow wasnt the best but we found some spots to play. Alot better than here in saskatchewan, Just glad we got to get out and ride!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Doug(fernie snow) and volunteers,
We got to ride the trail out at the end of the day on saturday and i would like to say thank you for all your hard work. The new trail will make wranglers alot easier to acess along with not having to worry about the trucks! Snow wasnt the best but we found some spots to play. Alot better than here in saskatchewan, Just glad we got to get out and ride!!!

Were you the guys from Saskatchewan that were looking for me? Someone in the work party was trying to tell me something but they weren't too coherent......:xmas2004_15:

feeze95

Reaction score
haha yes we ran into your brother at the shack and we had a package of patato sausage for you. Everytime we come up the trails and area are always awesome so we just wanted to show our apretiation for the fernie snowmobile association!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
haha yes we ran into your brother at the shack and we had a package of patato sausage for you. Everytime we come up the trails and area are always awesome so we just wanted to show our apretiation for the fernie snowmobile association!

I'm thinking that was the Stephenson brothers. So they got the potato sausage, eh! :xmas2004_15:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

That potatoe sausage looked good!

Solar6402

Reaction score
My GF (newbie to sledding) and I are interested in riding the Fernie area on Saturday and was hoping to get pointed in the right direction, first ride of the year yahoo! Oh, you Fernie guys seem like a great bunch based on the forumn. We do have Avi gear...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My GF (newbie to sledding) and I are interested in riding the Fernie area on Saturday and was hoping to get pointed in the right direction, first ride of the year yahoo! Oh, you Fernie guys seem like a great bunch based on the forumn. We do have Avi gear...

If I were you, I would drop into Ghostrider Motorsports or the GearHub in Fernie and ask for directions, a map, and other pertinent information. I would buy a trail pass and all would be good. You need to find the Coal Creek staging area and the road will lead you to the snow. :xmas2004_15:

Solar6402

Reaction score
Thank you VERY MUCH!!! We will get our trail passes & map and enjoy exploring. Happy Holidays

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wtf people wheres the pics????~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wtf people wheres the pics????~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to keep in the Xmas spirit.......

IMG_0465.jpg IMG_0467.jpg

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks fernie i even loved your post on that one as uncomfortable as that sounds lol. merry christmas and thanks.:)

HILCLMR

Reaction score
My GF and I will be in Fernie for some Snowboarding and Sledding (her first time Sledding). Is there a cabin somewhere where she can warm up? How long are the trails to the top? Are the trails relatively easy for a newbie to get to the alpine?
I don't want to discourage her from riding, just introduce her gently.
Any advice or help while we're in Fernie would be great!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
My GF and I will be in Fernie for some Snowboarding and Sledding (her first time Sledding). Is there a cabin somewhere where she can warm up? How long are the trails to the top? Are the trails relatively easy for a newbie to get to the alpine?
I don't want to discourage her from riding, just introduce her gently.
Any advice or help while we're in Fernie would be great!

:happyholidayswreath The Wrangler's Cabin is at the end of the trail so to speak. Stage at Coal Creek. If you go to FERNIESNOWMOBILE.COM there is a verbal description on a new trail through the Rolling Hills that will get you to the warm-up shack. The Wrangler's Cabin is about 25 km from the staging area on a well groomed trail. Nice tree riding and lots of trails in the area. :xmas2004_15:

Last edited:

HILCLMR

Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I'm sure it'll be a ton of fun! She's a little scared of riding right now but a good easy trip will build her confidence right up! Thanks

Reaction score
It is snowing here is Fernie (10cm overnight), a bit of a wind with it though. Give me a ring at blackstone lodge fernie if you are thinking of coming in Fernie. Offering discounts all through the winter for sledders.

Top Bottom