Fernie Is In The Kootenay's!!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the geography lesson. Since I'm sure no one else knows what your talking about either can someone post a pic of that bunny with the pancake on his head?

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
quiz1102outcome3.jpg

Don't know how this will help you understand that Fernie is not part of the Crowsnest Pass but whatever gets your rocks off!

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's the pic.
Again WTF are you talking about? Did someone anger you because they thought Fernie was in CNP? Who fawkin cares?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does this help??? LOL

BigHairyBeast - Fernie has always kinda fallen under both areas, some guys ride into the area from Corbin or the Inn on the Border which are right at the line of the CNP. There are threads about Fernie and Elkford in both sections (koots and CNP). To me Fernie is in the "Pass" all by itself, it is very extreme east kootenay, since I grew up in the "central" kootenays. Its all about the perspective.

Don't let it bother you.

Can't we all just get along????:d

Attachments

• hotdog-pic1.jpg
    hotdog-pic1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 285

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Does this help??? LOL

BigHairyBeast - Fernie has always kinda fallen under both areas, some guys ride into the area from Corbin or the Inn on the Border which are right at the line of the CNP. There are threads about Fernie and Elkford in both sections (koots and CNP). To me Fernie is in the "Pass" all by itself, it is very extreme east kootenay, since I grew up in the "central" kootenays. Its all about the perspective.

Don't let it bother you.

Can't we all just get along????:d

X2.....When going east, one starts climbing over the Pass (4200') from Fernie (3300') and gets finished around the turnoff to Castle. So in relation to the best "riding information forum", SW Alberta, CNP, and the Kootenay's all encompass the area!

Bighairybeast, where does Elkford "fit"? It is accessed from Fording Pass (SW Alberta in the forum), from Alexander (CNP in the forum), from Fernie (Hartley Pass and the Kootenay's in the forum), and from Canal Flats (Radium in the forum).

Just be happy and read everything, then you will know what is really going on in the "Fernie area"......

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where my post go???????

it was appropriate was it not lol.... (spelling??)

Bighairybeast

Reaction score
Not angry just wondering why Fernie is talked about more in the CNP page. Maybe it should have its own section like Golden? I was on this site for a year before I found out there were more Fernie stories in an Alberta section.

But to be honest I feel Fernie is a far different place than the Pass and they shouldn't really be grouped together.

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not angry just wondering why Fernie is talked about more in the CNP page. Maybe it should have its own section like Golden? I was on this site for a year before I found out there were more Fernie stories in an Alberta section.

But to be honest I feel Fernie is a far different place than the Pass and they shouldn't really be grouped together.

Not sure the boundaries of the Kootney's, but I think it's grouped with CNP because many people using this forum are from south Alberta and if they head to south B.C, they have the option of CNP or Fernie (45 min further).

Vice versa, Golden, Radium/invermere, and further is Revy, etc.

Just appealing to the masses I think.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
And...most of the CNP trials will link up with the Fernie trails, so even though you are starting from different areas, we all eventually end up in similar areas...You can get to Wranglers Cabin from the Yellow gates, pipeline, Corbin, Fernie, so on and so on...

Makes sense to me...

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I hear ya man,,,, I love riding in fernie,,, do you know the area well? I need to see some more of the goods,,,, the secret goods???:beer:

Top Bottom