fernie/elkford area

loffelbein88

Reaction score
Hey a bunch of us are coming up dec 30 to ride fri and sat,wanna do fernie coal creek one day and elk ford the next.never been to fernie,any suggestions on were to ride and how to get there wud be greatly appreciated.maps etc.thanks

steel town

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey a bunch of us are coming up dec 30 to ride fri and sat,wanna do fernie coal creek one day and elk ford the next.never been to fernie,any suggestions on were to ride and how to get there wud be greatly appreciated.maps etc.thanks

Fernie has been getting dumped on, just stage at the coal creek staging area and follow the tracks:d:beer:

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
fernie snowmobile club has maps...i would sugest harvey pass..snow is a little week write now but by then it should be epic....i,ll be in elkford then...i,ll be able to let you know if its worth comeing to ride elkford:d:beer::beer:where is the wiskey symbole?

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pm ferniesnow or he will most like chime in on here he can point you in the right directions as well he is very farmiliar with elkford

giddyup

Pawel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A group of us is coming up too!! Dec 26th to 30th:d. Anyone have any updates on the conditions in that area?:beer:

Dradden

Reaction score
Website
inwild.net
Wow just seeing the names Fernie and Elkford brings back memories. I grew up in Elkford but haven't been back for years. We used to ride around Dry creek, Chaunecy and browning. Not sure if you can still get into Chaunecy and Browning as I heard they closed some of those areas that take you behind Fording.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Wow just seeing the names Fernie and Elkford brings back memories. I grew up in Elkford but haven't been back for years. We used to ride around Dry creek, Chaunecy and browning. Not sure if you can still get into Chaunecy and Browning as I heard they closed some of those areas that take you behind Fording.

Yes, a few changes since before I came even. Todd Hunter/Chauncey is closed to motorized Sept 1 until June 1st I think. You can drive a pick-up in during the summer holidays but not hunting season. Burnt Ridge is closed for mining. Ewing Creek is open for snowmobiles as is Dry Creek. Al Vertch is the guy that knows about those areas like I know the back of my hand.

Dradden

Reaction score
Website
inwild.net
Ahh good info ty. Another thing I just remembered is we made the trip over Kokos Claim and down into Monroe lake a few times. Its a beautiful ride and if you pack for the Ice fishing on Monroe is good not too mention there is a ton of trails in the area.

There used to be a old grizzly up in kokos that was famous for mock charging people. Knew a few people that had runins with him. Doubt he is still around...just a memory from the old days. Damn I need to get back there for a extended visit.

Top Bottom