Fernie conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rained through the Rolling Hills. So at both cabins it was a rain crust with no fresh or minimal fresh. There is lots of untracked tree riding with pretty much hero snow and a very wet base.

Trail was groomed to the Wrangler's and considering the varying conditions from the valley bottom to the top, with melting temps at the beginning of the groom and freezing temps on the way down, it was a pretty good groom.

Get out and enjoy the sunshine and the fresh air mixed with the smell of evergreens.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Yeah doug, it's been a good year. Learned a few things and met some cool people. Hopefully things will be even better next year. I am actually meeting a guy coming down tomorrow who needs some lunch. think his name is Stuglin on here. Pretty sure I've sold to him before so there's a repeat customer which is even better.
You going up to Island lake this year??

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Yeah doug, it's been a good year. Learned a few things and met some cool people. Hopefully things will be even better next year. I am actually meeting a guy coming down tomorrow who needs some lunch. think his name is Stuglin on here. Pretty sure I've sold to him before so there's a repeat customer which is even better.

Good for you. Yes, I'm doo-ing ILL ride. It is such a sweet place and my better half will really enjoy it.

Rode today and the trail was awesome; frozen stiff this morning as it was -16C coming through Sparwood. More snow on the new cabin side than the Wrangler's cabin side. It was a sweet day.

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

good lunch today bro much aoreciated me and my women be there friday saturday we talk soon

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you. Yes, I'm doo-ing ILL ride. It is such a sweet place and my better half will really enjoy it.

Rode today and the trail was awesome; frozen stiff this morning as it was -16C coming through Sparwood. More snow on the new cabin side than the Wrangler's cabin side. It was a sweet day.

today was amazing for sure and that trail was as smooth as it gets much apreicated when coming down after burning all my gas taer actually ran out while loading lol

Burrhead

Reaction score
Hey guys, coming to Fernie this sunday and just wondering if a guy could get around on a backcountry or is there enough snow that a guy should have something bigger?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sunny day but they still need more snow. About 10-12" of fresh on a very set up base.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
sweet man. Really glad you enjoyed. My wife and I will be out friday and saturday morning at the stagin area selling trail passes, as well as our muff/hot pot meals from 8am-12. Or, text me and I can put some things a side so I don't run on you. I won't be making any more food I don't think this year. Don't wanna have any left over. so I will see you there.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was decent snow yesterday. Blue sky all day was sure nice... Trail was awesome all the way to wranglers. Pipeline rough as chit. Needs more fresh!!!

zed899

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, coming to Fernie this sunday and just wondering if a guy could get around on a backcountry or is there enough snow that a guy should have something bigger?

You will survive with that sled...probably get stuck a decent amount but hey thats half the fun sometimes. Unless theres a couple feet of fresh, I doubt it will hold you back.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Sunny day but they still need more snow. About 10-12" of fresh on a very set up base.

For this time of year, any extra fresh is a bonus. It doesn't happen in the Koot's with mega "cold smoke" powder as it is usually heavy and wet. Tuesday, on top of the Coal Summit the drifts and the wind lips were awesome! We didn't seem to need anymore.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

You will be just fine with that sled even if the predicted snowfall of up to another 40cm comes true. The base is great for spring riding.

Top Bottom