Fernie conditions

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Rode there today. Decent snow can be found but still lots of barely hidden stumps in the open areas. Trail out was brutal though. More people than usual in the area.

Yes, the big burn area behind the cabin is not a pleasant place. As the snow settles and gets packed the stumps will be more visible and closer to the surface. One has to ride the trees where there was no fire and even then the occasional broken tree gets you between the skis.

The traffic is huge and parking is at a premium.

bcm27

Reaction score
Anyone going to be around next week like the 2 3 4 that's riding I could tag along with?

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bcm27, pm when you know your coming. I am out till the 6th and will likely ride a few more days next week!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
anbody in there this weekend pasted? conditions?

Tree riding and secret stashes are still great. The more open areas and the ones you can see from the trail are pretty packed. Another good dump would be sweet.

No snow in the forecast until Saturday and we all know what can happen that far away……...

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The snow is great right now, still soft but set up and the Avalanche Forecast[FONT=arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif]( [/FONT]http://www.avalanche.ca/cac/bulletins/latest/south-rockies ) Is looking good.

Still lots of riding to be had.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
That's a sweet offer Brad. Don't hear from you for months and then there you are offering to help. Nice.

I don't know how long we will be down for but I should find something out tonight.

sounds good Doug. I'm off to do some plowing today finally. Not real heavy snow but she's blowing and drifting now. Above zero forecast for next week...

Top Bottom