Fernie conditions

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why the fernie snowmobile club doesn't groom the trail? Coal creek is a JOKE.

foothills m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Friday and sat was the same
Fernie dec 21-22-2012 deep 003.jpg Fernie dec 21-22-2012 deep 008.jpg Fernie dec 21-22-2012 deep 005.jpg Fernie dec 21-22-2012 deep 006.jpg Fernie dec 21-22-2012 deep 014.jpg

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that last pic is off the hook !!!

you've had more snow fall this week than we have for a base ...

waynemags

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wife and i were up behind the new cabin today. first timeup there. did trails to the other cabin before. today was awsome. great powder, good people. nice that we werent the only ones getting stuck. still was amazing day.. except for the stump. wife did well for 4th time on a sled. i will say the little 600Mountain max goes pretty good in the deep. except when stopped to early. trail was brutal. anyways good day. have fun

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the club plans to groom this week at all? And if so what day specifically (Doug?); thinking of coming down to shred some.

Thanks in advance.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the club plans to groom this week at all? And if so what day specifically (Doug?); thinking of coming down to shred some.

Thanks in advance.
Doug won't be responding for a couple days. His account got hacked and he got locked out. So he has to wait until the admin gets back from his sled trip. I wish I had the answer for ya. Saw yesterday but didn't know the trail wasn't groomed so I didn't ask.

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug won't be responding for a couple days. His account got hacked and he got locked out. So he has to wait until the admin gets back from his sled trip. I wish I had the answer for ya. Saw yesterday but didn't know the trail wasn't groomed so I didn't ask.

Thanks T-Bear. If your at the trail head tomorrow, maybe go for a quick walk up the start of the trail and post what you see. You should be able to tell if its groomed or not. Thanks man

BTW - Im excited to try your muff-pot stuff if i come down!!

New_M7_Ryder

Reaction score
it looked like it was groomed on Friday. i went up on Saturday and it was getting bad. but there was a lot of traffic on it over the two days so i wasn't surprised. really doesn't bother me as you can just go faster and skip most of it. once you went of the trail it was a good 4 ft deep and the further you went up the deeper it was. awesome conditions...........

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They were grooming yesterday and perfect conditions for it. The boys said they were going to make another pass to Wranglers Wednesday .

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trukker. Anyone have conditions update? Wondering how much the big snowfall has compacted to....

BCPOW

Reaction score
Thanks Trukker. Anyone have conditions update? Wondering how much the big snowfall has compacted to....

still bottomless as soon as you leave the main areas around wranglers cabin & pipeline as they are gettin tracked. trail is in much better shape today than on Saturday. even got some bluebird skies today!

Marley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode there today. Decent snow can be found but still lots of barely hidden stumps in the open areas. Trail out was brutal though. More people than usual in the area.

Top Bottom