Fernie conditions

sledhead800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my buds rode Corbin today and all I can say it was super deep easy three feet of fresh snow if my phone would like me to upload some pics I would show u guys!!!!! It's worth the ride if u guys are coming to Corbin that's for sure.... Me and my buds r going to try the pipeline out tomorrow.....

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me and my buds rode Corbin today and all I can say it was super deep easy three feet of fresh snow if my phone would like me to upload some pics I would show u guys!!!!! It's worth the ride if u guys are coming to Corbin that's for sure.... Me and my buds r going to try the pipeline out tomorrow.....

I'll second that. legit

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One of best pow days ever today!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 304

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the cover is like in the main meadow up coal creek at the old hair-pin turn. (i think the new trail goes straight avoiding this hairpin)

Just curious what kind of cover over the stumps and logged areas there is.

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like some sweet snow !! Dont mean to poach this thread BUT I'm planning on taking the girlfriend to Fernie for newyears To the ski hill and want sled the 29 & 30 Never sledded Fernie area (Corbin once in 2000). What areas would be good to take her into ? Thanks in advance

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were there today and it was anything from 3-5 feet of fresh and will try to upload a pic shortly. But watch out where you go zs there is still a few hidden gems waiting just inder the surface to put a stop to your day. BUT!!!! WOW!!!! what a day

Last edited:

algrande

Reaction score
The conditions good...no great..... the trail was absolutely brutal ....no groomer at 9 PM when came off the hill. Hope it will be groomed for the weekend. I think the conditions were perfect for grooming.

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The conditions good...no great..... the trail was absolutely brutal ....no groomer at 9 PM when came off the hill. Hope it will be groomed for the weekend. I think the conditions were perfect for grooming.

If you call today good and not great you either rode the wrong area or have the highest expectations I have ever heard of. We rode 4 feet of blower pow all day. trail was brutal though. It NEEDS to be groomed badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds awesome out there guys ! I think i know the answer to the logged area's up martin etc. Thanks for sharing the info.

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hands down some the wickedest powder days I've ever rode! The turbo's were struggling to get around! Will post pics later. Trail is the shirts tho. Needs to be groomed bad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hmm were you at the same fernie we were at? cause i agree with Vertical-Extreme there was 4 ft of blower pow almost everywhere and even a few 15 foot holes that you have to dig out of. we left at five and i would say that it WAS one of the best pow days for riding for sure

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did someone say trail???? bahahhah its 12 km who cares lol but if you want to ride trail I sugest not going out after it snows 150 cms lol... I thought the trail was fun just clip n over the tops of those bumps they were so soft.../.

I will let you guys be the judges..... It was one of my TOP 3 days for sure just epic bottomless blower pow... xm ran flawless...

bLOWERDAY.jpg

farm2sled

Reaction score
Hmm were you at the same fernie we were at? cause i agree with Vertical-Extreme there was 4 ft of blower pow almost everywhere and even a few 15 foot holes that you have to dig out of. we left at five and i would say that it WAS one of the best pow days for riding for sure

Agreed!! Anybody that could find a way to call yesterday in Fernie good not great doesn't deserve to be out there with the rest of us. Stay at home and complain to the gf and dog, they might care! The only way you could have thought it wasn't great out there is if you can't ride for chit. The powder was insane! The weather was really good for Fernie, and it wasn't weekend crowded! We have tons of pictures of sleds with only the handlebars sticking up out of the snow and you guys are right the trail was crap, boohoo. They weren't charging at the trail head and there was no need to go any further than the rolling hills if you didn't want to trail ride. There's a really good chance that was the best day of the year in Fernie! Get while the gittens good!!

Top Bottom