February snow conditions

scarecrowB&B

Supporting Vendor, Scarecrow B&B
Reaction score
As Barry mentioned it looks like snow clouds on top of the Mountains not sure how much snow it'll bring.

The Trails to all Mountains are in mint shape!!

Still a few slippery sections on the Renshaw Trail be careful!!

currently it's -4C out here.

Avalanche Rating is considerable for more information please visit Avalanche Canada!!

Ride safe and have fun up there!!

We're still looking to fill our Beds for this Feb 5/6/7 weekend , so if you plan on coming out give us a shout!!!

Thank you guys,

Sven and Cara from the Scarecrow B&B 1-250-569-0351

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guys dropped down where they shouldnt have.glad they were ok.little shooken up but they looked fine.me and a friend helped the sar search as much as we could.sar works very quick and very well organized.

huge respect for them all.

p.s.good to meet u barry!

Where did they drop on Belle that they couldn't get back up?? New area for me but I can't remember anything too sketchy unless it was in the burn??

dgjordan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where did they drop on Belle that they couldn't get back up?? New area for me but I can't remember anything too sketchy unless it was in the burn??

I wouldnt say the burn is sketchy.pretty mellow if you ask me.

it was up the hill by the cabin then directly straight through where the little pockets are then right past that it gets extremely steep really quick.thats where they dropped down and couldnt get out.

its literally a straight down drop.i believe there sleds are still at the bottom.

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ok. We were in the burn for a bit and it looked like it dropped off pretty steep if you went down through the trees any further than we did. Thx

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The burn can get steep. The hero snow in March makes it easier to venture down the burn.
A few years ago we saw people dropping down the back side of the Bowl on Big Belle. That's steep, a couple from our group dropped down as well. They said it was a hell of a climb to get back out.

scarecrowB&B

Reaction score
UPDATE for Friday February 5th

Just got off the phone with Rod, all the trails are still in nice shape!!

There was a foot of new snow on Renshaw yesterday!!!! Not sure about Belle or Lucille? Will update once I know.
Looking out there right now there is heavy snow clouds on the Renshaw Mountain range as well as Belle!!!!!!

Ride safe and watch out for one another!!!!!!

Thank you guys,

Scarecrow Farm B&B 1-250-569-0351

Still got availability for this weekend!

Last edited:

Dags

Reaction score
Not sure the snow conditions on bell and Lucille but there was a good 16 inches of fresh just to the right at the cabin on Renshaw and still coming down pretty good up there. Reports of 2-3 feet in the trees. Ride safe up there

Reactions: RXN

Toyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The burn can get steep. The hero snow in March makes it easier to venture down the burn.
A few years ago we saw people dropping down the back side of the Bowl on Big Belle. That's steep, a couple from our group dropped down as well. They said it was a hell of a climb to get back out.

How far down can you go? Is there any clearings or plateaus to turn around on to make a run at the climb back up?

scarecrowB&B

Reaction score
UPDATE Saturday February 6th

All the Trails are still in fair shape!
Renshaw and Lucille will be groomed tonight!!

There is at least 18" of new snow on Renshaw, Belle and Lucille since last night!!

Avalanche rating is still at considerable and please visit Avalanche Canada for more info!!

Have fun guys and ride safe!!!!

Scarecrow Farm B&B 1-250-569-0351

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
saw pic of 2.5 feet in the back bowel on lucille when i was up today. about 14 inches at the cabin. tin is on the new cabin. heard 2 feet at the renshaw cabin but from guys i don't know.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how about a picture of the Renshaw and Lucille cabins. Always a good gauge of what is in the area. If you add up all the verbal reports it has snowed 6ish feet in the last 10 days?
Pictures at the cabins are always a better gauge of accumulation that a pic of a meadow.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So how about a picture of the Renshaw and Lucille cabins. Always a good gauge of what is in the area. If you add up all the verbal reports it has snowed 6ish feet in the last 10 days?
Pictures at the cabins are always a better gauge of accumulation that a pic of a meadow.

:nopics:

dmkong

Reaction score
Renshaw is deeepppp

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 611
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 621
Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks man, pic looks great. Is it like that all over or just in the trees? Heading out tomorrow to ride Tuesday for the day.

Supposed to hit plus 11 Thursday, snows gonna get destroyed.

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Headed up the Renshaw with Hotrod and Jason W, did the loop from cabin thru Anthills. Lots of untouched but snow had settled up! A bit of wind has hit the Alpine and some warmer temps put it 6-12inches and there is pockets of deeper. Anthills was the best being more sheltered. But i'm sure there is lots out there to be had because only 50 guys up in the last few days. Trail was excellent and sun was there but light cloud prevented us from having that Bluebird day!!! Back next weekend!

Attachments

• Renshaw Feb. 2016 010.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 2016 010.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 479
  • Renshaw Feb. 2016 012.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 2016 012.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 465
  • Renshaw Feb. 2016 013.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 2016 013.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 469
  • Renshaw Feb. 2016 015.jpg
    Renshaw Feb. 2016 015.jpg