February snow conditions

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there should be some pic from thurs on the av canada site in the north rockies section as well as a report from our day. snowed hard all day with about 14 or so inches of heavy snow, made the sled work for sure. Friday the heavy snow had settled but a ton of untracked everywhere. watch out on all steep faces and be very careful on all north aspects. at about 1.2 meters there is trouble.

driller

Reaction score
Go to bc web cams you can get a pretty good idea of what is happening in town
looks like we are in full spring conditions for the next couple of weeks
conditions can change by the hour this time of year with the temperatures we are seeing

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1-2 ft of nice powder all over on a firm base. Cloudy and snowing in the AM, rode the meadows, creeks and trees. Came back over to the cabin around 1-2pm and the sun came out through the clouds the rest of the day, rode hard, burned a tank of fuel and had to put caddy in to get down. Tons of snow left all over, not many guys in town or up there today. Awesome day!

Should be great tomorrow, partly cloudy now, praying for some sun.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't believe how dead it is here. About 5 trucks at north country. Probably 10-15 trucks at renshaw today. More for us!

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, last time U rode with me you wouldn't come within 100' of a creek or tree. Congradulations.... You may have found your balls lol cheers
1-2 ft of nice powder all over on a firm base. Cloudy and snowing in the AM, rode the meadows, creeks and trees. Came back over to the cabin around 1-2pm and the sun came out through the clouds the rest of the day, rode hard, burned a tank of fuel and had to put caddy in to get down. Tons of snow left all over, not many guys in town or up there today. Awesome day!

Should be great tomorrow, partly cloudy now, praying for some sun.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
^ Lol, they are slowly dropping one at a time.

Rode renshaw again Sunday, bluebird all day, not a single cloud in the sky and only about 50 guys up there. Went behind the saddle and rode the trees opposite where you come down the stairs, had a blast of a day. Great snow behind there, over the hood in some spots. It was cooler temps up top so they snow was staying fluffy. Trail was best I've ever rode there, like a highway from about 6km up. Down low some little bumps as the temps are too warm to maintain the trail.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 439

j.c.higgins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod today and it took 2 days to bring the trail back to Highway like conditions!! But also like Merc said temps dropped down so it could setup properly! He mentioned it got down to -10c when he hit the cabin Saturday evening. He rode Belle Friday and there was 9-14in of new up there and then Renshaw yesterday also and 1-2ft of new, plus they hit Pyramid and same out that way!! Both Belle and Lucielle trails in excellent shape!

Last edited:

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judging from the amount of trucks in Mcbride this weekend, maybe better reporting is needed? Where am I headed is based off reports I read on here. No offence, but snow and more snow isn't a report.

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judging from the amount of trucks in Mcbride this weekend, maybe better reporting is needed? Where am I headed is based off reports I read on here. No offence, but snow and more snow isn't a report.
well you should have been happy that you took a chance, good snow and nobody to deal with. lucky you. i am guessing you had snow to play in??

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep it was a great time, renshaw is my number one place, love it there.

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Belle Sunday afternoon. Bluebird and there was still some fresh in the meadows and on Big Belle. Renshaw today. Be careful boys, windy as hell and lots of wind loaded slopes. We got socked in and decided to not drop behind Mt. Renshaw, because we just couldn't see what was in front of us. Stopped at the top of the shortcut in to the lake (further away from the saddle and ladder) and walked the bare rocks. Big slide on a concave slope let go so we turned around. Just played in the trees south east of the cabin. Found tons of fresh. About 1-1.5 ft on a decent base, but 2-2.5 ft in the trees. Trail was icy until about km 6 but was awesome the whole way! We're headed to Lucille tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Each to there own Merc, but I know him personally and if he's saying snow and more snow it won't be rain on the top. I think you just found out that it was good based on his report of snow and more snow, the only thing that pisses me off is you got to ride it and I stayed at home and worked.

Top Bottom