Feb 15 trail update

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This melt freeze cycle is not good for any snowmobile trail. Ours is in rough condition. Late getting our drag and now melt/freeze hard to get it right. We are going to try to get on it again this weekend and next week. Field trails have been restaked after the wind blew down the stakes.

Right now icy and rough as many know. Come out if you want just thought I would prewarn you all.

Thanks

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Updated trail conditions. Groomed the south trails this weekend. 10 hrs later have them pretty good. Will need more later but we have a good start. Trails were better than I thought they were. Maybe Don J can get out there this week for some more touch ups. Groomer sure works good when the snow is cold.-21 Saturday and -17 Sunday with wind. BRrrrrrr
Will post some pics later. My laptop died Sat.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Updated trail conditions. Groomed the south trails this weekend. 10 hrs later have them pretty good. Will need more later but we have a good start. Trails were better than I thought they were. Maybe Don J can get out there this week for some more touch ups. Groomer sure works good when the snow is cold.-21 Saturday and -17 Sunday with wind. BRrrrrrr
Will post some pics later. My laptop died Sat.

what do you mean it died?

• Staff

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yesterday Don J went and groomed for 3 hrs. Headed towards Bruderheim on the big fields. Was turned back at the highway by busy crew change traffic. Trails are looking better members for a change. Groomer system working good. Labour intensive but way cheaper than a large tracked unit for what we have to maintain.

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails to coffee-shop in good shape:)Just need to keep on top of the road crossings as the grader operator seems to be a little short-sighted and takes out the snow from our crossings:nono:But I just fill them in again, so round and round we go:rolleyes::rolleyes:Will have to come up with some markers to help identify the crossings. Then maybe the grader won't take then out??Might get some more grooming done on Friday, I have a Dr. appointment in morning,but will try to fix road-crossings for the weekend, then I'm off to Swan Hills on Saturday :snowmobilers_wave::snowmobilers_wave:

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Groomed all the way to Bruderheim and down by the tracks. Had to repair the road-crossings as I went along. If the grader doesn't do any roads tomorrow then the trail is in good shape for the week-end..Was on the groomer for 6hrs and some shoveling involved at crossings..Don't know what Buds Lake is like but may need to be groomed as well..:snowmobilers_wave:

PDQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Swan Hills was great,especally up by goose tower--snow was 2 feet deep and fluffy as all get out:):)I hooked up with some people from Barhead and had a great time:d:d.They put on a good rally with lots of door prizes.By the way Ron the RC's are real friendly up there and they ride 800 Summits.

Top Bottom