Fawked up knees

sunshinesmiles

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you hit forty yet? cuz the warranty is done, you just don't heal like you did when you were 20 or even 30. Old age is a killer!
He turned 40 in January.......................I'm thinking it was a good idea to request that Life Insurance Information I did........................

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Week out of my fifth surgery, 4 scopes and an acl reconstruction on my knee. Get it looked at, some docs aren't pro fixing it they want to see how it will work out. My experience all waiting does is cause more issues especially of you don't sit on your ass all day. Acl reconstruction was a big one when I had it don't back in the late 90's now it's done with a scope in day surgery. Last go around was another tear in my meniscus. Doc cut out the bad stuff and it feels as it good as it has in years. If it feels unstable probably going to be ligament damage but can also be from losing muscle stability while laid up. Physio is awesome at getting it back in shape while you wait for the docs to do their thing....

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I tore my medial mediscus with #3 tear(4 being the worst) and that was 1 1/2 years ago, and it still bothers me once in a while if the knee is twitched in just the right way......... Also bad knees from the old high school sports days....... Went to physio therapy for treatment when i tore the medial mediscus for about 4 months and it was almost back to normal, but like i said, will feel it a bit if it's twitched the right way

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you know you are getting old when you start comparing your surgical stories instead of your conquests (apologies to sunshinesmiles)

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tore my medial mediscus with #3 tear(4 being the worst) and that was 1 1/2 years ago, and it still bothers me once in a while if the knee is twitched in just the right way......... Also bad knees from the old high school sports days....... Went to physio therapy for treatment when i tore the medial mediscus for about 4 months and it was almost back to normal, but like i said, will feel it a bit if it's twitched the right way
When you tore it did it kind of feel wobbly and unstable? like I said I have my doubts its an ACL, as there isnt a lot of pain unless im putting all my weight directly on it for an amount of time. Im no doc though with their fancy machines, just doesnt feel like something as serious as an acl tear

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No instability with my meniscus tear just painful as hell when it was tweaked the right way or after a good sledding weekend. Acl was painful at first then just wobbly as hell

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
knee post crash.jpg

Little x-games type quad crash left me with the kneesels as well, (muniscus tear)
Went with physio, heat/ice, and most of the winter with no sledding.
Back at it now and it feels not too pretty bad ;).

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like everyone is saying, get in to see someone that knows what they are looking at (not likely a family doc) I have had 2 ACL reconstructions, one MCL repaired, Minicus repaired, and I just tore my LCL (grade 3 tear) about a month ago riding in Revy, (yea my knees are a bit of a weak spot LOL) I was in to a physio therapist on the Monday as soon as I got home, cause I knew something was bitched again, it felt super weak and wobbly, and it swelled right up, after a month of physio and a set of custom CTI braces I was back on the snow last weekend. so my advise would be to find a good physio that knows what they are looking at, and knows what you need your knee to do, and let them do some work and see how it goes, good luck!

Top Bottom