Farmer's Almanac - Winter Prediction

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
For what it's worth here is the Farmer's Almanac winter prediction:

According to this favored long-range weather publication, winter will return to some – but not all – areas.
It will be a “winter of contraries” shares editor Peter Geiger, Philom, adding, “It’s like Old Man Winter is cutting the country in half. The eastern half of Canada will see plenty of cold and snow. The western half will experience relatively warm and dry conditions.”
According to the Canadian Farmers’ Almanac, areas from Alberta and Saskatchewan east into the Maritimes will see a colder than normal winter with many locations experiencing above normal precipitation. But for British Columbia – chiefly those areas west and south of the Rocky Mountains – the overall winter will be milder and drier than normal.
While some may question where these weather predictions come from, the Canadian Farmers’ Almanac weather forecasts are based on an unbiased mathematical and astronomical formula that dates back to 1818.
‘We admit that last winter’s forecasts weren’t as dead-on as we would have liked, but as the old saying goes, ‘The Almanac maker predicts the weather, but another Maker makes the weather,’’ reflects Geiger, adding ‘Weather, no matter what tools or computer systems you use to predict it, is not an exact science. Many sources were thrown off last year, but we are confident in our formula and are happy to provide our readers with a long-range outlook that is very accurate.’
Fans of the Almanac say its famous long-range forecast is accurate between 80 and 85 percent of the time.”

Jan

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they are ful of s$^&$ because it said lots of snow last winter and ch!t lucky to have 1ft.H mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Potato's had thin skins, multiple ears of corns on each stock, over abundance of peas, late cucumbers this year mild winter for the prairies :(

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we were predicted to have one of the coldest winters in history last year in AB and Sask with close to average snow. I don't believe any of that crap any more.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Same here..... They said LOTS of snow and cold, but then changed their prediction 1/2 way through the winter :confused:

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whew, am I ever glad to see that forecast. I was expecting to get blamed for a poor snow year because I bought a new sled.lol

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whew, am I ever glad to see that forecast. I was expecting to get blamed for a poor snow year because I bought a new sled.lol

I bought a new sled to so I am just as much at fault as you! Lol. Buy a guy I work with is a farmer and he said the grass is going super tall, and that is natures way of feeding the animals in the deep snow. I hope he is right!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Hahahaha..........I bought two new sleds so I will be the guilty one!!!

We will get snow out here and there will be more than enough to ride.........when and how much is still to be determined!

My wood shed is pretty darn full this winter, so..............

Top Bottom