Farmer talk

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grease must be expensive if its easier to buy new iron every year. I like to look out the window and see paid for equipment in the yard.

You know what they say............easy come easy go.

I'd rather have paid for equipment too.

But other people aren't into whats right, more so, what's popular.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally!!! But are you telling me that all the new equipment in the rural area is paid for?!?!?!?

Very little of it is, but I'm saying just because people have new equipment doesn't mean none of its paid for. We run most (only older things are 2 of our silage/manure/clay/grain trucks) new equipment and don't owe a dime on any of it.

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very little of it is, but I'm saying just because people have new equipment doesn't mean none of its paid for. We run most (only older things are 2 of our silage/manure/clay/grain trucks) new equipment and don't owe a dime on any of it.

We run very nice clean equipment and only a portion of it is fairly new. We don't owe a dime on it either. I'm not saying everybody with new equipment is living on borrowed time. But you and I both know the majority of them are.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is alot of "keeping up with the Jones" in farming today. Especially in our County.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We run very nice clean equipment and only a portion of it is fairly new. We don't owe a dime on it either. I'm not saying everybody with new equipment is living on borrowed time. But you and I both know the majority of them are.

Oh I agree probably 75% of it financed.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took drill out for debu, had a few issues and plan to have them figure that out today, ground temps 2 degrees and little wet, but might be going by the weekend

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took drill out for debu, had a few issues and plan to have them figure that out today, ground temps 2 degrees and little wet, but might be going by the weekend

I think you were done last year Fred before we got going over here. Lol.

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

We just started to have some black dirt and stubble poke through the snow on Monday in our area. Still lots of melting to go yet. Maybe early to mid-May this year? Glad we don't have thousands of acres to do like some guys - hope for a late frost in the fall I guess...

sledhead_2002

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.imperialseed.com
Well boys, here in MB, we wont be on the land for another 2-3 weeks and will be longer in some areas with more snow and areas prone to flooding. all fields still are covered with anywhere from 6" - 24"+ of snow. Gonna be one hell of a year! Some producers are swaping out soybeans for canola and wheat.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well boys, here in MB, we wont be on the land for another 2-3 weeks and will be longer in some areas with more snow and areas prone to flooding. all fields still are covered with anywhere from 6" - 24"+ of snow. Gonna be one hell of a year! Some producers are swaping out soybeans for canola and wheat.

I feel for you guys and the farmers in parts of Saskatchewan who may not seed acres this spring.

Top Bottom