Farmer talk

mathrulz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How's harvest going for everyone? We just finished up tonight - few days of field work and ready for snow now! Yields seemed okay for us this year - not great, but could've been a lot worse from a few storms that just missed us this summer.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yields are great down here as well. Have about 240 of Mustard left but it is extremely slow going.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning,
Where is a good place to get little square bails from, or does anyone have any old one's they would like to get rid of?
I just picked up a compound Bow, and I am looking for some bails as a back board.
I'm thinking that 6 would be enough.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Good morning,
Where is a good place to get little square bails from, or does anyone have any old one's they would like to get rid of?
I just picked up a compound Bow, and I am looking for some bails as a back board.
I'm thinking that 6 would be enough.

This time of day would be good to go for a drive and have a look around...........one never knows what one may find!

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This time of day would be good to go for a drive and have a look around...........one never knows what one may find!
I thought about that too, but didn't feel like picking buckshot out of my ass at 6AM. LOL

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just started on hybrid canola a couple days ago still have to do flax and possibly some corn to combine. Still need to do all our silage to. . Bought a 8120 Case and selling our 8010 once the season is done.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just went by the 1/4 way mark..hope to be done in time for the show. But usually not!
be safe Ag people,

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just put Lexion to bed! Busy day, need about six good days. And some nights, to cool canola.
Tested canola the other day and temp. was 37C, pretty close to combining Oil. Sent to elavator, good thing I contracted in May!
Holy crap are prices down!

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do you guys feel is the best Super B Grain trailer. Paint and function are key. I had Castleton and will not be making that mistake again.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a few sets now of load kings and had no issues, what year are you looking for

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we had a few sets now of load kings and had no issues, what year are you looking for
Hey Fred. What kind of header do you have on your combine and how fast can you go in Mustard? This Adante is killing me. 11 hours to combine an 80 acre field as it will not feed.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes mustard can be a challenge when header is not right, had a honey bee a few years back that would not feed correctly or get hung up on arm holding reel, it was a real bitch, brothers Deere was even woworse

ever since we went to macdon d60 our problems went away, feeds like a dream and very reliable

i hhave a 45 foot head and strait cut mustard, canola, peas with out issue, but we do run the pea augers slowly in them

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have the prestige trailers over the years and overload the crap out of them at harvest, no frame issues to date, I bought a new set this spring and all hhave been good as well, he called me about going to another new set, but I have not thought much about it, they will have less than 10000 k on them, and loaded up lift axles

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Took 40 acres of corn out Friday evening. Was running 199 bushel per acre dry. The moisture started at 23 but rose to 30.5 to 31 so we had to shut it down for awhile. Probably gonna try again Sunday afternoon or first thing Monday. Soybeans still have awhile to go. Stuff that got planted before the rain is looking about a week to 10 days. Probably close to 2.5 or 3 weeks for stuff after the rain. Gonna be a long, late fall here.

Glad to hear some of you guys are done. Hope everything went good for the most part and everybody involved was safe.

Sent while using Tapatalk 2

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=591gQTgdlVk&desktop_uri=/watch?v=591gQTgdlVk

I don't know if this has been posted here, but it just got sent to me a couple of days ago. I laugh harder each time I watch it, because it is true.

I have a picture of me some where in the seat of the combine, and wearing a plaid lumberjack shirt over a Rush concert Tee.

Not quite safe for work.

Last edited:

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=591gQTgdlVk&desktop_uri=/watch?v=591gQTgdlVk

I don't know if this has been posted here, but it just got sent to me a couple of days ago. I laugh harder each time I watch it, because it is true.

I have a picture of me some where in the seat of the combine, and wearing a plaid lumberjack shirt over a Rush concert Tee.

Not quite safe for work.[/QUOTE

ive watched that about 20 times.its so accurate it's hilarious. I had it sent to me while we were unplugging the rear beater on a 9870.... Nobody was laughing then tho. ;(

Top Bottom