Family Day Poker Rally

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like we (the Whitecourt Trailblazers) giving away a brand new 08 Yammi Nytro MTX at this years poker rally. Not hidden hand, someone is taking it home the Sunday afternoon.:common001::common001:.
there'll be more info at the Whitecourt Chamber booth at the show (2 down from the S&M booth #48)

F

FAB1

A few of us are planning on changing it up from mountain riding for the weekend of Feb 16/17 2008 and do the Poker Rally that the WTB put on (we plan on doing the entire triangle...snow/weather permitting).

1) What Hotel/Motels in Whitecourt/SwanHills/Fox Creek can you (do you) recommend? I saw the list on another thread but want a nice joint not a rig crew joint (apologies in advance to rig crews...LOL)

2) Is their a sled rental outfit in Whitecourt (for the girlfriend).

3) I will have more ? later....LOL

Thanks in advance.

ps...bought a map at the EDM show looks like a fun ride for a couple of days.

OVER!!!

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Guys: Hows It Hangin' Fab? Question: Since The Ride Will Be Mostly On Crown Land With Not Many Farms Etc To Cross.... What About Loud Pipes, Cans??? This Will Determine If Sledbunnyracing Crew Can Participate........

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A few of us are planning on changing it up from mountain riding for the weekend of Feb 16/17 2008 and do the Poker Rally that the WTB put on (we plan on doing the entire triangle...snow/weather permitting).

1) What Hotel/Motels in Whitecourt/SwanHills/Fox Creek can you (do you) recommend? I saw the list on another thread but want a nice joint not a rig crew joint (apologies in advance to rig crews...LOL)

2) Is their a sled rental outfit in Whitecourt (for the girlfriend).

3) I will have more ? later....LOL

Thanks in advance.

ps...bought a map at the EDM show looks like a fun ride for a couple of days.

OVER!!!

1) You gotta realize that ALL the hotel/Motels in Whitecourt are crew joints to some extent(as you may find out if you try to book a room if the patch is busy this winter).
Newest (nicest) Hotels in town are the:
Nova Inn 780-779-2399
Western Budget 706 2030
Super 8 778-8908
Lakeview Motel(formerly Ramada Inn) (refused to display trail maps 2 years ago said it was too much work)

Glenview has the best Breakfasts and lunches in town.

2) No sled rental outfit to speak of.

The triangle has for the last few years had long tracts that as far as I know have had no maintenance. The areas between each towns trail system have been pretty much ignored. Whitecourt to Fox creek isn't bad (small gap) but Swan Hills to Fox Creek has a pretty large gap that may or may not have been cleared and almost certainly will not have been groomed. The trail from Swan Hills to Whitecourt is usually cleared the whole way but will most likely not be groomed.
That being said, lots of people still do the triangle each year. You just need to be prepared for pretty much any situation.

As for the poker rally, if you want to do both the rally and the Triangle, i'd ride the rally on Sunday, the loop is a bit shorter but there's usually alot less people riding Sunday than Saturday.(Although this year we are looking into having a second shorter loop on Sat to ease traffic and make it easier for folks with smaller kids that may not want to ride 100-120Kms).
Last year the trails took a beating from the traffiv and +7C temps that weekend.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys: Hows It Hangin' Fab? Question: Since The Ride Will Be Mostly On Crown Land With Not Many Farms Etc To Cross.... What About Loud Pipes, Cans??? This Will Determine If Sledbunnyracing Crew Can Participate........

No one has ever been sent home for loud pipes. That being said, the start/finish of the loops both days goes right behind a couple of blocks of homes, so if you can go easy on the throttle 'till you hit the river that'd be cool.

Top Bottom