Family Day 2013

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
McBride having Family Day at Lucile again? Just checking since the crew and kids are ready to go again.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We have cabins from Friday to Monday, please post which day is at Lucile, Sunday?
Some still to confirm but 14 in the group so far.

Last edited:

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Yes we are going to have burgers, hot dogs and hot chocolate on Saturday February 9, 2013 for BC Family Day, and yes burgers, hot dogs, and hot chocolate on Sunday February 17, 2013 for Alberta Family Day. Hamburgers, hot dogs and hot chocolate will be served from 11:00am to 3:00pm at Loucille Mountain on those days. Kids eat free, and we are taking donations, the same as last year. We are suppose to have a toboggan hill on Lucille again as well. You do NOT have to be a member to partake in these events, so come on and enjoy the fun, see you all there thanks Leona

At Home B&B
400 Mountainview Road
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

McBride having Family Day at Lucile again? Just checking since the crew and kids are ready to go again.

Leona Eyben

Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
This is put on annually by the McBride Big Country Snowmobile Club, this will be the first year for BC Family Day, but we have done this for Alberta Family Day for a few years now. So by all means let your guests know, it is open to everyone. Thanks Leona

At Home B&B
McBride, BC
250 569 2366

Gee Leona, that sounds like fun, being a newbie to McBride is this put on my the local snowmobile club. May i pass this info onto our guests?f

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fourth year we are coming, kids wait for it every year. One of there favorite trips and definatly their favorite sled trip cause of the group size and tobogan run at the cabin ( hot tub where we stay helps also).

mphfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. The forecast looks awesome for Sunday the 17th. My wife will be doing washable tatoo`s for the kids (and the adults too) at the Lucille Cabin. Hope to meet everyone up there. :ThumbsupMsn:

Jason and Carolina Beniuk

kefremdad

Reaction score
Had a blast this year!!(just like every other year). First thing was how impressed I was heading up the trail. Had my almost 10 yr old daughter on in front of me and every sled that was coming down was using hand signals, we felt so safe going up. We got to the cabin and visited with a bunch of folks. Then went for a short ride over to the main bowl and enjoyed the view of the valley floor. Went back to the cabin and enjoyed a great burger and watched a few folks get "tattoos". It was at that point that my daughter shocked me saying that she was ready to drive the sled, (with me on the back of course). we went back and rode up and down a short section of the trail and she grew more and more confident.. We spent a little while more around the cabin and then headed down. Emm asked if she could drive again and I said sure as long as your comfortable.. A little while later we were at the parking lot and there was a grin from ear to ear when Emm realized she had driven all the way down from the cabin!!! I want to say thanks to ALL the organizers, volunteers and families that support this day. The local club is full of great members and so is the community. See y'all next year!!!!

puddle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
4 of us took advantage of the burgers and hospitality of the McBride Snowmobile Club. It was great to see all the kids and ladies on the hill. Everyone was enjoying themselves in the sunshine. Hope to see more of it.
Thanks again to the local club and their efforts.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fourth year of having a great time on family day. Kids more interested in riding this year but still rode their blue saucers by the cabin. Burned 3/4 tank each while they were packing down the first bowl. Would get back to the cabin, pull their helmits off grinning and say let's go again dad!
Thanks to MPH for helping me when I was visiting some trees! And a bigger thanks to all the locals who put the effort in to make it a great day on the hill! Booked all the cabins again for next year.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Fourth year of having a great time on family day. Kids more interested in riding this year but still rode their blue saucers by the cabin. Burned 3/4 tank each while they were packing down the first bowl. Would get back to the cabin, pull their helmits off grinning and say let's go again dad!
Thanks to MPH for helping me when I was visiting some trees! And a bigger thanks to all the locals who put the effort in to make it a great day on the hill! Booked all the cabins again for next year.

Did you take any pictures ???

Top Bottom