Extending My 144" to 153". How Hard?

Crossfire7?

Reaction score
Last Year I Extended My 136" CrossFire7 To A 144" With An Rail Extension Kit And A Big Wheel Kit. How Much Work Would It Be To Extend It To A 153"? Some People Have Told Me All I Need To Do Now Is Get A 153" Track & Move My Suspension Skid Back, And Are Also Saying By Doing This I Would Have A Much Better Attack Angle.. Anyone With Any Thoughts On Doing This?

SnowXTC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Moving the skid back will give you a better angle of approach (AOA), but you cannot move it back far enough to cover the 4.5+ inches. You could switch out your extensions for longer ones or pick up a set of 151 rails.

Moving the skid back is also called a poor man's drop and roll. I used to have figures on doing this, but not for that sled. I would not take the suspension back more than 1 or 2 inches. As you know from going to the 144, your will have to further gear down for the 153 and change your clutching. Top speeds will decrease, but you will have more torque to turn the heavier track. Use caution relocating the skid.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get the rails for the extension, this will not mess up your approach angle and more importantly how the suspension rides. Move skid back = more ski pressure. Rails will be stronger and can be found for almost the same price.

Clutching and gearing should be close to the numbers that the M7 had, or at least give you a good place to start with experimentnig.

Top Bottom