Extended warranty

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The factory warranty on my can am expires in three months and I would like to get the extended warranty for basic drive line components. However it's about $1800 and it is some what limited on coverage such as seals etc.
I heard that there is another extended warranty option here in Canada through different insurance providers for around $1200 and it covers more things such as seals, gaskets etc. Has anyone heard of this type of insurance offered? I read an older post on another forum that stated this company called st puals travellers insurance out of Ontario does this type of coverage for all powersports. You pay a small portion on repair costs and the insurance company sends the rest directly to the dealership within a few days. I will investigate further to see if it is still offered but if there is such a thing offered I'd like to hear who is offering it, good and bad experiences that type of thing. Thanks

turbo392

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CanAm doesn't do any warranty repairs as it's always 'abuse' and 'we've never seen that before'. Take the $1800 and go to Mexico this winter.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While down there : take crayons for Jose's kids....buy beer for Jose and his buds....
tell Jose to tighten bolts extra good , while building canams.....

Clark Grizwald

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know right! and what's with being able to see the differentials when you look at them? It's nothing like a Polaris :rollinglaugh:

Joking a side $1800 is cheaper than an engine rebuild or what have you, I always get the extended warranty on everything I buy. If I feel i got burned by warranty I tell the people ! I've always had good service with can am :d

bjd68

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have can am warranty and just had my engine replaced in my 1000 maverick with no issues was a 7000 dollars job otherwise so I would say warranty is always a good thing!

Top Bottom