exhaust tep sensor

struglin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13 xm ran flawless for 1100km with mbrb can now after ripping hard gos limp with check engine light dealer said it was check temperature sensor still acting up is it like how when its cold it leaks coolant and they cant fix getting sick of these headaches

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
13 xm ran flawless for 1100km with mbrb can now after ripping hard gos limp with check engine light dealer said it was check temperature sensor still acting up is it like how when its cold it leaks coolant and they cant fix getting sick of these headaches
Should be a warranty item......mine was

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay struglin I think it was you that I talked to in fernie last thursday my xm was going into limp mode as well they now tell me it's a stator problem. Have you got yours checked out again?

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
Hay struglin I think it was you that I talked to in fernie last thursday my xm was going into limp mode as well they now tell me it's a stator problem. Have you got yours checked out again?

Ya there is deffinetly a stator issue. Well actually it is more a fly wheel issue. The sleeve inside the flywheel on some of the 13's was not glued in and has been wandering out and clipping the wires coming from the stator and causing all sorts of issues. The problem has not been consistent either but different on every one. Mine was not flashing any codes and would drop a cylinder then just randomly die. Then later it would run fine and all of a sudden mess up again. The sleeve is moving around and clipping the wires and then sometimes sliding back into place and all is good. I think as the engine heats the problem gets more frequent. Get your dealer to pull the fly wheel and check to make sure the sleeve with the magnets is glued. While doing this make sure they order you a new stator also and not just patch up the wires. This is all waranty work. For some reason BRP has not issued a service bulletin on this but it has happened to about 3 or 4 now at my dealer. Also flywheels are back ordered so you can see by that there is an issue.

starfire72

Reaction score
Ya there is deffinetly a stator issue. Well actually it is more a fly wheel issue. The sleeve inside the flywheel on some of the 13's was not glued in and has been wandering out and clipping the wires coming from the stator and causing all sorts of issues. The problem has not been consistent either but different on every one. Mine was not flashing any codes and would drop a cylinder then just randomly die. Then later it would run fine and all of a sudden mess up again. The sleeve is moving around and clipping the wires and then sometimes sliding back into place and all is good. I think as the engine heats the problem gets more frequent. Get your dealer to pull the fly wheel and check to make sure the sleeve with the magnets is glued. While doing this make sure they order you a new stator also and not just patch up the wires. This is all waranty work. For some reason BRP has not issued a service bulletin on this but it has happened to about 3 or 4 now at my dealer. Also flywheels are back ordered so you can see by that there is an issue.

sounds like polaris isn't the only ones with a bad batch of glue huh?????

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What dealer did this? The ol mans sled keeps goin down on one cylinder and shorting coils

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stator replaced, clutch question not answered, dealer trying there hardest, heli ride out of valemont next week priceless.

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try riding with a guy that has to stop every 10 min and shut sled off.. Just about as gay as beiber. Lol. Should just go back to the reliable ol cat!! Or turbo viper! Or keep dealing with these awesome skidoo dealers that don't know heads from azz holes. Told him it would be done in 2 days.. 2 weeks later they taking parts of sleds on floor cause no parts avail???? Sounds like a real common problem!! And no worries.. It only leaks when real cold out. Usually when it's on my truck! Lol

Top Bottom