Exhaust temp sensor keeps burning up

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 2009 m8 I keep having this issue with the exhaust temp sensor burning up. Im running slp y pipe and pipe set up( no programmer) as they say it is not needed. It flashes code 17(I think)(last season was the last I rode) If you pull the plugs they look like they are burning good. The sensors are about 130$ a pop.Seems to happen when it is warmer out. So I just run it with the code flashing. Is this a bad thing to do or is there such a thing as a hotter sensor?

Team Pigeon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my 1000, every-time the sensor would fail, code 17, code 11, code 1, she'd be looking real lean and hot. But my plugs always seemed good.
I wired in a 470 ohm resistor after the plug. There's pics of it on the various sites. BUT always remember to warm your sled up before pinning it. Or else I'm told ya'd cold seize. I also read you could wire in an on-off switch to your dash. That way it would run rich until you turned on your resistor.

2011 800, ecu 1 and ecu 17 - Page 2 - HCS Snowmobile Forums

Turbo-North

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I need to find it but the durimax sensor works to.Will post the paty number when i find it. I hav eone here i got off ebay cheap. I ve heard of this but can,t rmember why they burn up. It,s not a common issue though.
Ok found the numbers. You need to change the plug end though. Arctic cat # 213-4759 or 213-4778 GM # (fits 2011 durimax ) 12636945 or12636946 . The number has been updated many times. Good luck !!

Top Bottom