Exhaust options

doober

Reaction score
2008 apex mtx, looking at maybe upgrading exhaust, I want to keep the stock appearance so use the dual look, not under tunnel, want a better rumble but not a screaming loud pipe, what are some opinions and options? Thanks for any info

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nytro man has a bender exhaust on his. Believe it's a twin silencer deal. Sounds awesome.

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds wicked, so much more fun to ride.
BUT My 3 year old daughter said is too loud for her (when standing by sled) but once on and moving she is fine.
I took it off as she likes to chat while we are touring and makes it hard to hear her. I also put a touring windsheild on for her and the noise resignated off it at certain speeds. IT IS HER SLED so follow her rules!
It makes more power. You will need to add some weight to your clutch or you will hit the limiter often. Also about 70% lighter, estimate a 20lbs savings or so
But if going on good rides with the boys it gets put back on prior!

Last edited:

doober

Reaction score
Sounds wicked, so much more fun to ride.
BUT My 3 year old daughter said is too loud for her (when standing by sled) but once on and moving she is fine.
I took it off as she likes to chat while we are touring and makes it hard to hear her. I also put a touring windsheild on for her and the noise resignated off it at certain speeds. IT IS HER SLED so follow her rules!
It makes more power. You will need to add some weight to your clutch or you will hit the limiter often. Also about 70% lighter, estimate a 20lbs savings or so
But if going on good rides with the boys it gets put back on prior!
Do you have any soundclips of it? and possibly pics?

Top Bottom