exhaust for 09 nytro

adrian_sig

Reaction score
I am looking for a good sounding exhaust for my nytro and for it to add horsepower too.. Im not looking to spend lots of money though any suggestions?? i did find two but dont know if there good.. Husher single exhuast, and AAEN Mega Power Silencer are these good?

Big A

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into the MBRP? I bought the can for about $350. You don't get the header, but the YAMAHA one flows pretty good. As far as sound, it may be a bit louder than the others but does really open up the mid range power. Looks good too, polished.

Nytrovstar

Reaction score
Hi there, I have a mbrp exhaust on my 09 xtx (stock) and I was wondering if have had an issues? Did you have the exhaust before the supercharger? If so did you have any issues with the engine running lean? I have not had the opportunity to check yet but am concerned about running it too much before I check into it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

RockyMtn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You probably meant turbocharger, as the supercharger doesn't tie into the exhaust. Also with a turbo addition, fuel mapping is usually a must or added fuel injectors with some turbo models!

Uzeste runs the MBRP exhaust, with headers and K&N pods! No issues as of yet. Woke it up somewhat though!

CHEERS!!!!

:cool::beer::beer::cool:

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
All these slip on exhaust work well. You should not have any issues with these mufflers. The biggest gains in these aftermarket mufflers is the weight reduction and the sound. They all claim to increase HP, but i am yet to see literature that shows this in black and white to prove it. I will agree to the fact they drop weight in return you have less mass to push. This in turn, will say for a lack of better words, decreases the rolling mass giving you more HP. On another note, you need to look at the design. Take the MBRP for example, if you were to do a flow test compared to ....lets say a straight through design like...ummmm. Mine. There is greater restriction in the MBRP. Back pressure is important in a 2 stroke, not so much in the four strokes. So there is lots of little things that you need to keep in mind.

If you are going to run your exhaust with a stock header...... Hauck Performance. Then maybe Excell. Its all personal preference.
Hope this helps and not confuses. All my exhaust uses stock headers but is a tunnel dump design. The nytro drops 20 plus lbs and the Apex is 36.9 lbs. Seat and exhaust.... Less rolling mass. When buying your slip on or full exhaust, keep in mind...( We used to pay $100 per HP) If a product is $500 and only claims to increase HP 2 or 2.5 HP.... well its not worth it... IMO.

Top Bottom