excessive rail wear

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My dad's 04 summit 144 seems to be having some wear issues on the very front of the rails. The rails have pretty much been eaten to a point. The wear seemed to happen fairly quickly. The limiter straps are tight and the track is set loose and it has the stock drivers. So what I was wondering is does anyone have any ideas of why it would be wearing so bad? Wouldn't want to get new rails and see it keep wearing like this! haha

Attachments

• P1040082.JPG
    P1040082.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 139
  • P1040085.JPG
    P1040085.JPG
    174.5 KB · Views: 130

KORE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id suggest tightening your track a touch, it may be wrapping around your drivers and wearing. Its a little late but if you can try an anti stab wheel kit. Hope it helps.

driller

Reaction score
Yes that is caused by running your track too loose and the bumper on the front of the rails needs to be replaced about every three thousand klm in mountain conditions with good snow on rides when riding packed or icey trails it will be more often as the previous post said the track wraps on the drivers when traveling with any speed. ride beside someone and look at their track you will see.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My dad's 04 summit 144 seems to be having some wear issues on the very front of the rails. The rails have pretty much been eaten to a point. The wear seemed to happen fairly quickly. The limiter straps are tight and the track is set loose and it has the stock drivers. So what I was wondering is does anyone have any ideas of why it would be wearing so bad? Wouldn't want to get new rails and see it keep wearing like this! haha

problem is with some of the 2004's the front skid mount was mounted in the wrong position , had the same problem with mine , compared it to an identical sled , buddy and i both bought at same time , the front skid mount was to low on mine , corrected and now 100% , can get measurements if you like

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
problem is with some of the 2004's the front skid mount was mounted in the wrong position , had the same problem with mine , compared it to an identical sled , buddy and i both bought at same time , the front skid mount was to low on mine , corrected and now 100% , can get measurements if you like

okay, if you can get the measurements that would be great
thanks

Top Bottom