Evolution Powersports Viper Big Chute demo day

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
www.whiteknucklemotorsports.ca
We are planning to meet at the Boulder cabin at 12:00 tomorrow. We rode Thursday and the snow was pretty good. Most of us didn't ride today as it was raining. Weather is looking to clear mid afternoon so hopefully it plays nice and we can have some fun.

Just look for the 2 Evo wrapped Cats. Unfortunately the couple extra guys I thought could make the trip with other various Evo Cats couldn't come due to personal matters but the Viper is running great so it'll be good.

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The weather cleared up on Sunday, didn't see the EVO guys? Big Jim and his crew went into turtle but no EVO guys with them.22 degC We had a killer day! Was all over the mountain and only ran into one other group. Slayed the airport until the sun went down. Went back again on Sundogger Monday and enjoyed more beautiful sunshine. Great weekend!!

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
Saw the viper in the parking lot, then in the Airport and the monster bowl. Never saw it climb anything though.

Must have been the timing you were around. Several TS guys rode it over the 3 days we were there. Dan, Mark, Matt, Josh, Jim, Shawn, and some I didn't know took some rips on it. Dan took it up several chutes on each day, he also did other ones on his 1100 SC 174. They all were impressed with the power at 10lbs and most thought the viper in general handled a lot lighter than they expected. About half way thru Saturday Jim turned it up to 14lbs, quite a hoot. The viper has the stock 2.6 PC and a 162 K-mod skid with raptors all around. It handles very well. Evo Jim even gave a chute in the airport a try on the way out.....we'll call it rider error and leave it at that haha.
We all went into Turtle Sunday (TS, Evo, and us) and barely got off the trail when Shad's auto tensioner died on his TM8. We all decided to help him back to the trail which involved all of us hand bombing it up two hills. By the time that was done around 1:00 TS Jim decided they were bailing as they were going to leave by 4 anyway. Jim and Todd from Evo decided to do the same. I rode the rest of the day with my buddy and his TNitro. Beautiful weather.

Last edited:

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They all were impressed with the power at 10lbs and most thought the viper in general handled a lot lighter than they expected. About half way thru Saturday Jim turned it up to 14lbs, quite a hoot.

14lbs and no head shim... that would be sweet.
Sounds like things are working good. After seeimg what you did, how does it compare to the similar Cats that were out??

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

noob

Reaction score
How is the powder claw track work with the power? Never had one, is it something that needs to be swapped out? Good to hear the report and guys liking it.

noob

Reaction score
You running a mixed fuel at 14 pds and no head shim?

Sounds like things are working good. After seeimg what you did, how does it compare to the similar Cats that were out??

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You running a mixed fuel at 14 pds and no head shim?

Personally, i was not there, and have not ridden one yet.
But im betting at that boost, they would throw a little of the good stuff in. I know I would, but I run a little in my stock machine, just due to not trusting the pump fuel.

noob

Reaction score
Personally, i was not there, and have not ridden one yet.
But im betting at that boost, they would throw a little of the good stuff in. I know I would, but I run a little in my stock machine, just due to not trusting the pump fuel.

Sorry, was meaning to ask justboostit what they were running at 14 pds boost. with no head shim I'm sure it would be more then a 50/50 mix of the good stuff.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website

I've rode every Evo kit kit they make...210/215/230 reflashes....250/260/285 Big Chute kits.....250/275/310/325 SC kits. The power on the 3 cylinder is very linear and smooth. The 1100 is more torquey down low and feels like it has a harder hit with a shortened rpm range. Overall power feel is inline with the 285 BC kits. The 1100 is a bit heavier overall so a 270-275 Viper is going to be similar. As we all know with power being that close it will come down to the rider.

JustBoostIt

Reaction score
Website
How is the powder claw track work with the power? Never had one, is it something that needs to be swapped out? Good to hear the report and guys liking it.

The PC works well, I would spend money on other things instead of a track. If you had to buy a track and had a choice I would get the CE. It's a little stiffer and with more power that starts to affect it more. But that being said lots of guys run BC 285 kits on 1100's and they work good. I do like the fingers on the edge of the lug, wish they still had the ripsaw lug on the CE for dealing with ice.

EVO 1

Reaction score
We had an awesome time in Revy with the guys and gals from Team Thunderstruck, White Knuckle Motorsports & Dwayne from BCA.

Our Big Chute Viper ran flawlessly. Clutching, Fueling, Multi Map, everything is dialed in. The throttle response and crispness is as good if not better than stock.

Fuel Requirements have been refined as follows:

100LL for 28 PSIA boost (14 lbs)
91 Prem for 23-24 PSIA boost (9-10 lbs)

The only bummer was it rained on Friday and Saturday morning which kept customers from coming to our demo day. Even though it was raining in town, the conditions were excellent about 5000'

Nonetheless, Dan Bush & Matt Losey put the Viper to the test. Dan doing what he does best - Chute Climbing and Matt crazy sidehilling & technical maneuvers. The official video will have to wait for the next edition of TS, but we will post more pictures and videos this week from the trip.

For now, here are a few pics

20140508_102436_zps6400280a.jpg

20140508_113018_zps6a763a11.jpg

20140510_165728_zpsaf4a370e.jpg

EVO 1

Reaction score
Also, it was great riding with Climbmax and the rest of the guys from TS, BCA, Simmons, BCA, BD & Klim. They are all great guys who are as passionate about the sport of snowmobiling as we are.

Last edited:

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, it was great riding with Climbmax and the rest of the guys from TS, BCA, Simmons, BCA, BD & Klim. They are all great guys who are as passionate about the sport of snowmobiling as we are.

Good to hear that your kit is running great... Unfortunately I was unable to go... One of my kids B day.. But can't wait to see these in action 14/15 Season or ???? !

Top Bottom