Everything BaoFeng & VHF Radios

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have had had my share of that, cleaned quansets out a few years back while in Vegas, and had our city house broke into this last month, grabbed and stole the truck and sled trailer, but got back with some damage.. Both times have been because of meth heads looking for something to sell for there next kick.. First time was my fault since I mentioned it on face book and my niece liked it.. All her Freinds seen it and he knew I was gone.. He actually told me after court.. And second time they found keys in a meth hotel where they all seam to hang

so not sure if scanners would be used for mine since they needed $$ for there next hit..

Spent close to 20k on cameras since for farm and house, but like the cop says there is more meth heads every day, and they don't care if there picture is taken when they need that fix

becoming a serous problem over all for us farmers

Problem is all the low lives robbing farms in this area have police scanners too.......
They always seem to be one step ahead of the cops.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya never thought about that, might need to be on low power(5watts) if used durring a evacuatio.. Will test that at the house tommorow, you could be right, but never bothered the cell or house phones.. Deffinantly worth finding out

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya never thought about that, might need to be on low power(5watts) if used durring a evacuatio.. Will test that at the house tommorow, you could be right, but never bothered the cell or house phones.. Deffinantly worth finding out
Just thinking outloud.
But If you get burried and the radio is keyed at 25w I wonder how bad it will scramble them.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doug a hole in the snow bank today and threw radio and beeper in there, did a transmit and non transmit test, never seen any effect from it in locating, tried the same with my beoufang 5v and had some interference, seamed you had to be much closer to do a find.. Others should try same test..

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyhere programed a TYT-8000E ?

I download the MD-380 software.
Download and installed the USB driver.

But I can seem to read from the radio.
The software also won't allow me to point to COM 6......

Windows 10 also won't allow me to assign comm ports.

And can anyone explain to me wtf is a Vocoder?

I really haven't dug to deep into this as I should have. Can someone bail me out?
One thing that is great about TYT-8000E is it has awesome software....the best in my opinion. On the radioddity website under support
they have all the software for all the radios they sell.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha second button far right top is the language button, second one down is English then you have to choose yes. 4 or 5 tries it will switch to English. I have windows 10 on laptop and desktop, both work for this program. I think I seen a download some were to get that port prolific driver or something like that.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I might want to also say my windows 10 is preview builds set to fast. They update quite often. So an older version may not works so good.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And I have had to plug directly into my tower now or it does not recognize the radio. I will let you know how that zastone 889g works that you steered me on.

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crap I ran it and it fixed my port I no longer have to plug it into my tower, I can plug it into my monitor usb plug again.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We we have three of them 889 now and work well, long anatana gives a little more distance, we can program our name at top of radio, but cannot find one another on tracking.. tried everything, we get the tone, but no locator

And I have had to plug directly into my tower now or it does not recognize the radio. I will let you know how that zastone 889g works that you steered me on.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How the world would be so dam simple if we could all speak the same language.. I left him a message in English, see if he replies, there was another video from a Japan lady(kitty) spans she has English translation at the bottom, see if she replies..

but out from what I kinda translate in the videos, one might have to enter radio ID info from the other radio into the solfware and program it to your radio..

https://youtu.be/uVzWNLa87Ps

Last edited:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is with that radio password thing fredw? When you try and load up the radio

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can add a password to Your radio so no others will be able to download from radio, to find your frequency

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Want to Order a few like the Leixen uses.. they give best coverage I seen so far

Top Bottom