Everyone's favourite Grizzly 700 exhaust?

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got my new machine two days ago and started ordering parts for it, got rims and rubber and now looking at exhaust. HMF seems like a popular brand so I was looking at the HMF swamp series and the fuel optomizer, but I was just wondering what everyone elses opinions are. I don't really want loud, just a better throatier sound.

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have HMF on mine and the quiet core for when I need it to be a little more on the quiet side. I like the added increase along with the K&N air filter and optimizer for the price HMF is the way to go. The two brothers pipe seems to be good also That is what Medler runs on his

grizzly se

Reaction score
I got a dual looney tuned exhaust system for an 08 700 grizz [ stainless pipes from head to tip of muffler, with fuel control ], sitting on my shop floor for sale $500.:beer::beer:

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should I buy a fuel controller as well, or just find a friend who has one and can tune it for me?

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found the two brothers exhaust on ebay for 250 bucks, but the controller is 350, awesome right? Haha.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buy the looney tuned duals. They sound absolutely amazing I have a set on my outlander. $500 is a good price for them sa well.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Should I buy a fuel controller as well, or just find a friend who has one and can tune it for me?

I like my two brothers pipe,And you should have a fuel controller....I have heard the grizzly runs rich,,but ,wouldnt want to take chances...

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you need a fuel controller, Grizz runs lean not rich. HMF Swamp series is good, stainless and no need to repack. I have Barkers duels on mine but its far from stock lol. Also would do some intake mods, hanger mod and good air filter to take advantage of the power.

Andys

Reaction score
I run a Pro Circuit T4 on my 660, it's loud as hell. Great power gains too. On the downside, you do have to repack it from time to time. It quiets down with new batting in there.
The HMF's are reasonably priced and offer quiet cores like already mentioned on this thread.
I wouldn't run out and buy a fuel controller without knowing you needed one. Most machines are running so fat from the factory that when you put on a pipe it leans it out enough that it runs right. But don't take my word for it, read your plugs or better yet take it to a shop that has an exhaust analyzer and they can tell you where you are.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Yes you need a fuel controller, Grizz runs lean not rich. HMF Swamp series is good, stainless and no need to repack. I have Barkers duels on mine but its far from stock lol. Also would do some intake mods, hanger mod and good air filter to take advantage of the power.

i doubt that any manufacture would have a machine running lean from factory..they run more on the rich side than anything.
And it doesnt do much good having a pipe if you dont have a different intake or filter...you need the filter/intake to work with the exhaust,they go hand in hand .

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the replies guys, I rode with with two buddies today, one had an HMF and the other had the looney tunes dual. The dual was far too loud. Going with the HMF. Is doing the mod where you can change fuel settings through the POD enough or should I buy a controller? And you guys all recommend a K&N filter and what do I need to do to my intake?

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go with a k&n I would go with twin air or uni filter as they are far superior in keeping fine dust out of your engine and if you get the filter wet they ring out and dry much easier and quicker then a k&n filter.

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Okay thanks for the replies guys, I rode with with two buddies today, one had an HMF and the other had the looney tunes dual. The dual was far too loud. Going with the HMF. Is doing the mod where you can change fuel settings through the POD enough or should I buy a controller? And you guys all recommend a K&N filter and what do I need to do to my intake?

the k&n will help and i would get a fuel controller...just to be safe.I am not sure how much the pod will change your fuel settings,,,i am not risking running mine lean.

try Grizzly central as well good site over there.

evenson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once again cheers! Can't wait to get my rims and tires in next week so I can keep up with my buddies! haha. Got a lot of snow up north, going to be a muddy spring.. if it ever comes.. :beer:

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Once again cheers! Can't wait to get my rims and tires in next week so I can keep up with my buddies! haha. Got a lot of snow up north, going to be a muddy spring.. if it ever comes.. :beer:

Ya ,,it will be a muddy may long,,,,,,,,,,,thats why i am going sledding instead:beer:

grizzlymud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i doubt that any manufacture would have a machine running lean from factory..they run more on the rich side than anything.
And it doesnt do much good having a pipe if you dont have a different intake or filter...you need the filter/intake to work with the exhaust,they go hand in hand .

Actually yes the Grizzly does.
The Pod mod only adds fuel to the first 25% of the fuel curve. Would recommend getting a good fuel controller, if just doing the 3 mod then EHS makes a good one, if going to do more mods then get a PC3 or PC5. Also recommend the Twin or Uni, the K&n lets small particals through.

Top Bottom