everyone keepin busy?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is everyone out there keeping busy with their jobs? or are you laid off and looking?

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Head down ass up hair straight back for me. I haven't worked an 8hr day since September. Plus I've had to hire two new guys In the past couple months and probably another come spring. It's gonna get nutty for us then.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not me. I'm a laid off Finning partsman due to a branch closure. Best thing to ever happen to me. Got laid off the day before hunting season.. Needless to say my son and I had the best season ever

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alittle slower than normal but alot bussier than last year at this time and seems to be picking up with the weather change.

ATV Rancher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cattle eat just as damn much as when prices were high. Boys have been getting quite a few coyotes with snowmobiles and rifles that libs have deemed scary looking.

• Thanks
Reactions: RJP

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cattle eat just as damn much as when prices were high. Boys have been getting quite a few coyotes with snowmobiles and rifles that libs have deemed scary looking.

It's OK, don't have to listen to them for at least another couple years.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm still employed....but been hanging by a thread for about a year. I changed offices when they closed a building in RD a year ago and moved all my books and personal stuff home....be a quick escape when my boss and HR shows up....
My dept (and every dept at this company) has shrunk 50%. I'm on the D&E side so with about 50% rigs running (better than 15%) we are still slow. Oil companies still demanding everything for nothing if you want to work for them. I think our frac side is picking up....I hear the boss down the hall from me interviewing guys lately, but us in the mud side still slow.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DV is picking up
Bit by bit ... But overall confidence moving forward is creepy slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotels in Whitecourt seem full but could be pipeline going thru, me not doing anything slow time of year.

linktel

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Started a new job in Edmonton last week. This is a big change to be inside almost all the time.
Good crew to work with, which makes it a bit easier.

Rkwhite

Reaction score
not me. I'm a laid off Finning partsman due to a branch closure. Best thing to ever happen to me. Got laid off the day before hunting season.. Needless to say my son and I had the best season ever
Bunch of openings at the Kamloops CSC, not everyones cup o" tea but it is something. We have 3 guys from the branch going over there.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been busy all last year, december was slower, january has picked up, seeing more activity in different areas. may need to start another crew, will see?

Ronaha

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If I'm on snow and mud I'm at work.....and I'm always on snow and mud.Ride lots but it's never enough.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very busy, don't see it subsiding. If anything getting busier with SLA tariffs coming on.

Top Bottom