Everyone is different yes, but......

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
6 foot 200 lbs of twisted steel and sex appeal with little to zero patience for suspension set up needs help.

Seriously folks, I am drove nuts trying to go through the thousands of combinations with limited snow conditions to go about setting up my SP for the mountains in March. I know read the manual and ya that is all fine and well but without the conditions to ride, enough said.

Wouldn't life be great for people like me if a web site had a page on it that said if you are this size set up the sled like this to that! At least give us place to start instead of the couple of pages of bullet notes in the manual under the seat.

Hell half the time I have a hard enough time with English and spelling.

Cheers

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You would probably have to buy the adjuster setup or drill holes to adjust the strap. Old ones you turned a knob I don't believe the xm has the adjustable straps.

yammyman

Reaction score
I've been hearing that the sp & x front suspension is way to soft, from guys your size. So you may want to consider new shocks. I'm 6'5 240 and I've got fox shocks all around. They're really easy to set up and I'm loving them!

dogsmack

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been hearing that the sp & x front suspension is way to soft, from guys your size. So you may want to consider new shocks. I'm 6'5 240 and I've got fox shocks all around. They're really easy to set up and I'm loving them!

Thanks for the advice. But,

I was of the understanding the front shocks on the XM sleds where performance shocks, I could be wrong. I have adjusted to about the middle of dial. Dramatic change for sure and the front end isn't much of the issue for me. Now the back end that is a different story as it still feels like the sled is looking for something from the back end and balance, it is still a bit of a fight to keep it. It is the fine tune on the ride I seek knowledge.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a little heavier than you and a little taller and my suspension is set up with the blocks set on fat guy 5, center skid spring cranked about 3/4 of the way, limiter strap in the third hole, front springs with the sway bar in on 3, with it out now on 4. Seems to handle and ride not too bad there for me.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a little heavier than you and a little taller and my suspension is set up with the blocks set on fat guy 5, center skid spring cranked about 3/4 of the way, limiter strap in the third hole, front springs with the sway bar in on 3, with it out now on 4. Seems to handle and ride not too bad there for me.

Simmilar set up on a buddies I rode and semed to ride well! Im just under 250lbs at the moment and 5'9

summit1974

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 6'1" and 210 and i have the front springs on 5 and the back springs on 5..other than the front being way to soft for how i pound the bumps my sled handles great .I have not touch the limiter strap ..dont think i need too.i have rode all kinds of snow conditions from 4ft of fresh to set up windblown snow!!

Top Bottom