Everest or X

oldtimer

Reaction score
Looking to buy. Im an average rider. Other than shocks, gauge panel and some lighter parts is there anything to gain buying a X rather than a Everest? 2010 model
Thanks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nahh you should be all good,,,,, have fun!!!!!

ohh yah everest gets ya big wind screen too!!!:)

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as mr T says not much of a gain, unless yu like big jumps etc, you'll get better shocks, otherwise you will never notice the diff.

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an X but was not impressed with the shocks. Next time around I am buying the base model, I believe it's called a SP now, and putting on Fox shox. With the rebates Ski-doo offers in the fall it's almost 3 grand cheaper with a 3rd year warranty.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I bought an X in 08 and in 2010 I bought the Everest. I don't doo a lot of jumping nor doo I come down the moguls at 90Km/hr. To be honest I didn't notice any difference with my riding style.

Last spring I ordered the 2012 SP (Everest) and yes it is in the neighbourhood of $3G cheaper.

But when you buy the X, you doo get a big stylish X on the side panels....

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh plus colors that are cool...... And a black tunnel u never have to polish. Cool people have x's. All the others look the same

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh plus colors that are cool...... And a black tunnel u never have to polish. Cool people have x's. All the others look the same

yes there are always some nice upgrades, put most guys never really use them. that black tunnel may not need polishing but sure will be a pain in the azz painting over the scratches all the time. otherwise it will look like shheeet. hehe.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Yellow '09 50th Anniversary was the black tunnel. They held up very well. I haven't seen any look bad.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya haven't seen tex's yet, i was going to polish the paint with 120 grit sandpaper.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
doug not sure, but tex is still married so he has no ex, as far as i know.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's twice now Tex! "Fernie has no hills and cool people have X's".....:smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:

I guess I'm not cool and only ride a groomed trail with no hills, eh!

u took the words right out of my mouth

Last edited:

Scrambled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the black tunnel 09 and its holding up great,only sign of wear is along the top were you stand

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope they tasted good before you spit that out because it sure is a sweet place to ride and if you are cool on the "Buffalo X" then so be it.

well mabe the guys i was with that have been there many many times took to the wrong places....... mabe larry will take me there and u can guide us some where ...

but it sure felt like going to the paradise mines [ trail rides with one or two hills ]

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well mabe the guys i was with that have been there many many times took to the wrong places....... mabe larry will take me there and u can guide us some where ...

but it sure felt like going to the paradise mines [ trail rides with one or two hills ]

shheeet tex, ya have no idea where lang creek is, yes golden. in fernie did ya leave the cabin area?

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

you forgot the river crossings...because river crossings are cool!

What does any of this have to do with an Everest or X? You guys need your on thread just do you cna hijack each other.

oldtimer

Reaction score
Thanks for the input, another twist 09 or 10? Much to gain/lose? Thanks

Top Bottom