Ever have someone ask you to bring a "for sale" sled to them to look at?

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have my 2010 XP listed right now. Have had 2 enquiries on it now and both have asked me to drive an hour and a bit there (and then back) with it for them to look at. Anyone else run into this? Kind of ridiculous. How serious can they be if they arent willing to drive an extra hour.

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Ever have someone ask you to bring a "for sale" sled to them to look at?

Once they do that I ignore them. Drives me nutz

JP.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just tell them to bring you the cash first, plus $300 for delivery, then in return you will deliver sled.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just tell them to bring you the cash first, plus $300 for delivery, then in return you will deliver sled.

x2 I would make the trip to meet a guy halfway for a non refundable deposit.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

If I want to buy something, I go and look at it on my dollar. If I have an interested buyer who is far away, I try to make it a win-win situation.

For a non-refundable deposit on e-trransfer you could swing it! Be tough with those tire beaters....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I sold my rev to a member on this site, and he is from Edmonton. He wanted the sled site unseen, other than the pics I could post here or email him. He asked me to meet him in Red Deer and he would have cash in hand, so I picked up medler. Went to RD, put the sled in his truck got my cash. BS'd a bit and went separate ways.

But....... to do something like that, for someone who just wants to view it!!!! Not a phucking chance......

• Recommends
Reactions: GDS

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yeah I cant believe this clown. Since I posted this I told him that Im not hauling my sled around for people to look at. If youre serious you will drive the extra hour! I said for all I know you are going to lowball me once Im there. He replys by saying he is willing to pay 300 more than the lowball figure I threw out. What a clown.

Have typed out two responses to that I have made myself delete. haha

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I've done it. But I took a no refundable deposit. And if they pay you that it gives you a strong arm in negotiating. You can be pretty firm on your price then. And if not you made 150 a hour to drive!

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Guy must be a real meathead to even ask. Ask him if he wants you to haul it to the mountains and ride it for him alll winter too.

bc rmk

Reaction score

If I want to buy something, I go and look at it on my dollar. If I have an interested buyer who is far away, I try to make it a win-win situation.

For a non-refundable deposit on e-trransfer you could swing it! Be tough with those tire beaters....
x2 just a tire kicker

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Tell him to stick it! I hate kijiji if it didn't work so good I would never use it.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Always amazes me a guy wont drive an hour to buy or look at a sled but will drive 6 hours to ride it.:confused:

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Trying to sell my old lady's Honda civic. You got the guys that want you to bring it to them. You got the guys that want it for half that will pay you "cash", like I was going to trade them for cattle, or dogs, favors, or who knows what. Drives me crazy.

Ramjet15x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I had a DOUCHE BAG e mail, text and call me several times, I even sent more pics and warranty details from dealer, finally he said he wanted it and asked me to deliver, I wasnt able to go, he phoned back the next day and said "No Questions Asked, I want it!!!"
I took him at his word and drove 2 hours to Sedgewick AB.
First thing he says was Ohhhh, then followed it up by the old low ball would you take $2500 less than agreed...
So I loaded it up and thankfully left, Sold it a week later for my price to another SM guy who came to get it and brought cash!

Dont bother going anywhere... its early and you have time

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

I have been asked I all was say not the desperate to sell that I'll jump through hoops ....I know the 1st guy that comes and looks at it will buy it...... He wants you to jump through hoops to load it drive there get you all excited to low ball you and most of the time people go through cause they need to sell

matm8snopro

Reaction score

Wait until you get the call from the guy wanting YOU to finance him the sled for monthly payments... got that one last year while trying to sled my cat...

catinthehat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

$hit, wish I had of thought of this. Would have saved me a lot of time and money going to look at trucks if they come to you. Just when you think all the nutcases are out of the closet another one comes along.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Wait until you get the call from the guy wanting YOU to finance him the sled for monthly payments... got that one last year while trying to sled my cat...

That's a classic kijiji move. The only payment program I do is one payment of the full amount ! I don't think I could build up enough courage to ask a stranger to finance.

Sent while sitting on the toilet when I should be working!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Deaner you think you could finance your ride to me. I will have money ready in January, all I can afford is 150/month. I think this is a great deal, maybe we can meet in revy and do the exchange.

i should mention my job is a little unstable and might fall through in May, but my buddies sister guarantees me work after that.

what do yea say... You can have my cat as collateral!

Top Bottom