Error Codes

powpounder

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a list of the error codes for a 2010 Nytro. I've had a few come up lately, would like to know what they are!!

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• FXNytroFaultCodes3.jpg
    FXNytroFaultCodes3.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 544
  • diag1.jpg
    diag1.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 372
  • Diagcode1.jpg
    Diagcode1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 411
  • Diagcode2.jpg
    Diagcode2.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 345
  • Nytrorelaylocation.jpg
    Nytrorelaylocation.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 365
Last edited by a moderator:

powpounder

Reaction score
Just what I was looking for!! thanks:beer:

What does #84 mean (T.O.R.S)? Is it something thats needs to be repaired? My sled didn't come with a manual of any sorts.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
From what I can find it is basically a Throttle Position Sensor. Has to do with the amount of slack in the throttle cable. Should have 3-4mm. If it has more it with kick this sensor in when you stab the throttle.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found a PDF copy of the Nytro manual online. Pm me your email address if you want it. Its to big to attach here.

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TORS is the yami throttle override system. Their are two switches on your machine, one at the throttle and one and the throttle body. If only one is tripped your rpms are limited to 3500.

Are you boosted? This can cause code 84 if TORS isn't by-passed. too tight throttle cable can cause it as well. Also snow and ice in the throttle block can cause it.

The tps is separate and runs of the common throttle body shaft.

powpounder

Reaction score
Ya my machine has the Alpine kit. They did the install so I would assume they by-passed the system. #37 also comes up, which is my idle. it idles around 2000rpm's. I think it needs to be turned down to 1750 rpm or so?

shawnmcgr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya, 2000rpm sounds high but I don't know what the spec is on the Nytro. It's 1500+/-100 on the apex.

If tors is bypassed I don't think you should get code 84.

Did they install a tether? I would not run without a tether or tors, on or the other...tors has saved my ride a couple of times after a roll jammed snow into the throttle.

powpounder

Reaction score
I just got back from my shop from installing my tether which I had purchased a couple days ago. Funny how you mentioned it!! It was a very easy install:beer:

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Your TORS is still hooked up. Check where the throttle cable goes in to the throttle block and make sure its pushed in all the way. You shouldn't be able to easily pull it out, as it snaps in to place. It probably idles high on initial start up, but comes down to around 16-1700 after it is warmed up?

Thedoityouselfguy

Reaction score
I had code 37 show up. My idle speed was almost 1900 rpm. It was minus 20 when I went for a ride. Go into diagnostics mode.....then select diagnostic code 54( corresponds to fault 37 on dash) and when you press the grip warmer button you should hear the ics valve cycle 3 times. Mine sounded fine but earlier I had tightened up the throttle cable so I loosened it off a little and bam! Problem fixed. No more code. Please note that the code you see pop up on the dash is refered to as a fault code........you have to enter the corresponding DIAGNOSTIC code to check function. Entering diagnostic code 37 refers to injectors and has nothing to do with the fault code 37. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom