Entering coordinates on 60Csx

thomas2259

Reaction score
I'm new to the GPS world and am trying to enter some of these staging areas into my Garmin 60CSx however it seems the coordinates listed on the google map have one more digit than my Garmin accepts. I enter the coordinates just leaving the last digit out, however when I look on the map after the fact it seems like the waypoint is not exactly where it should be.

Anyone help me out with this one???

Example - I enter the coordinates for South Fork as listed on the google map, 52.206555,-115.112171, however I can only enter 52 20.655 115.11.217. This ends up being in a different location than shown on google maps. Same general area, but different spot.

Also, how do I know whether to enter N/S or E/W??

Thanks​

Mudvayne

Reaction score
Website
www.rickheddle.com
Keep it simple and switch the Gps to UTM coordinates and I know with Google Earth you can switch to utm but not to sure about google maps. Once your in UTM everything is way easier simply copy and paste the utm cords from one program to another as waypionts or directly enter them into the GPS. If your not sure what UTM is its what the Army uses and makes better sense than the minute second crap, do a Google search on it! :)

Top Bottom