Enough power from 6 l

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have an 07 new body che 2500hd and am upgrading from my junk toyo mt tires to a 285 75 r16, was wondering if any one knew if it would make a difference on power and mileage. by the way 3.73 axle ratio

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
i have an 07 new body che 2500hd and am upgrading from my junk toyo mt tires to a 285 75 r16, was wondering if any one knew if it would make a difference on power and mileage. by the way 3.73 axle ratio

I am thinking you got a duramax ?? ... U going from a 265 tire ? Any change in tire size will make some amount of difference. If by chance you are running stock rims with a 265 tire.... Change rims to aleast an 8" wide for a 285 75R16.

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what are you mostly driving off road or highway.I've sold 33 to 38 " tires in the toyo mt and all oil field runners and there getting 65000 to 80000 km on them.(thats what they claim)Pro Comp Extreme Mt has been a good tire as well.

northstar23

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

circumference = pie X dia
3.14 X your new tire - your old tire = difference in final drive ratio

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that 6 lire gas pot has lots of power i don;t think you would notice a huge difference.

I get trucks lifted and wheeled all the time and it's hardly noticeable.

plus it looks freaking cool!!!

and as above said programmers, even in a gas work awesome. i have one on my 5.3, with intake ans exhaust, and for me the biggest thing was that it shifts so much better, that the quick shifts alone make the truck quicker.

couleeman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have an 03 with the 6.0L, auto, 3:73 gears 4x4, and I am running 285's on it. The truck has no problem hauling my slide in camper (old heavy bastid) and a 4 place trailer behind it. You are not going to set any speed records, but it will pull good and you won't notice much of a difference.

Biggest thing to watch is, will the tire fit. I had to trim part of my front bumper to get it to fit, and that is with the torsion bars adjusted. I didn't have to trim much, and it would of cleared if I never turned and hit a bump at the same time.:d

Attachments

• gmc4.jpg
    gmc4.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 31

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok i with my toyos i have id say 30 percent gravel 70 highway. And thde boys at Canada Custom Vehicles are hooking me up with a level kit and dick cepek 285/75 r16 mud terrain was thinkn about wrangler mtrs but these look awesome.

Now as far as programmers i've been toying with a custom tune or superchips cortex any comments on either

mudbitchguy

Reaction score
Website
www.supergripatv.ca
Ok i with my toyos i have id say 30 percent gravel 70 highway. And thde boys at Canada Custom Vehicles are hooking me up with a level kit and dick cepek 285/75 r16 mud terrain was thinkn about wrangler mtrs but these look awesome.

Now as far as programmers i've been toying with a custom tune or superchips cortex any comments on either

We run Chevy's @ our parent company and have just recently installed 8 hypertech programmers and our 07-08 chev gas and diesel trucks. I have and 08 Silverado crew 5.3 L w/ the hypertech max energy and it does make a huge difference. I've been told by the guys at Ravin Truck accessories that the hypertech does well with chevy engines... both gas and diesel. I have run hypertech in my last 3 chev's and I like the power/performance and fuel mileage i get with the hypertech. they are easy to use and perform well.

I vote for hypertech...

Rej

Brookside Motorsports

Reaction score
I have a 08 GMC with a Duramax and i put 285's on it and it was a B**ch to make them fit. I had the frontend lifted with what they call "pork chops" which is the same as cranking the torsion arms with a better ride, and i still had to beat a little bit of the inner fender in and they just barley clear. So good luck GM didnt make it very easy to add bigger tires.

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey jeremy

how much is it to lift and tire the new gmc?
got identical truck to yours? not much of a lift maybe just that 2" lift they got or whatever you figure is best??
thanks

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey jeremy

how much is it to lift and tire the new gmc?
got identical truck to yours? not much of a lift maybe just that 2" lift they got or whatever you figure is best??
thanks

Here's a pic of a customers truck I just did with a 2" front lift and 285/70/17 TOYO AT tires on 1/2 ton

Attachments

• mso1138B (2).jpg
    mso1138B (2).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 30

xsyourride

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How big of lift ,what make of tires and which chip.I want to see how my pricing compares.

Top Bottom