Enjoy the Beautiful Fall Weather!

Albertan

Reaction score
After thinking we were heading straight into Winter in August with the weather the past six weeks, the sun finally decided to make a guest appearance in October. If you're not out taking advantage of the rare opportunity to ride in a T-shirt in mid-October, you're really missing out on some great riding and beautiful Fall colors. Below are some pictures from this past weekend when Jason (AreWeThereYet) and I managed to get out for and put a 150+ km on our Rhinos. I hear the weather is supposed to be good again this weekend. :ThumbsupMsn:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Of the 3 times we have ridden together, the first 2 he put his machine on it's side, 3rd it was my turn.

But with his clean ride on Monday, he is now 6 for 7 :) Thinking he should have bought a camo color like mine ;)

Albertan

Reaction score
Of the 3 times we have ridden together, the first 2 he put his machine on it's side, 3rd it was my turn.

But with his clean ride on Monday, he is now 6 for 7 :) Thinking he should have bought a camo color like mine ;)

The first 30 seconds of our first ride together, I had to put it on its side to avoid going over a 20' drop on a sand dune. I bugged Jason he must have wondered what he got himself into riding with me. In my defense, I've been getting better. I put it on its side five times in under an hour the last time out with the sway bar on back in August. Good riddance to that thing!

fat tire

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya ......been wanting to make a trip up* to GP to see the sites...........maby in the spring. Great pica and seem like some good riding.Cheers!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on ya ......been wanting to make a trip up* to GP to see the sites...........maby in the spring. Great pica and seem like some good riding.Cheers!

We are planning a spring trip hopefully for next year, just mapping a few more areas before the snow flies.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brought the rhino home tonight to check levels since I haven't done it in awhile :nono: and to pull the bark out from the tire rims :d

When do you want to head out on Saturday,.. you can gimme a shout tonight, tomorrow,.. whichever.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't foresee a problem, we were just going to head out for about a 4hr ride, or 100km, whichever comes first lol,... I have an afternoon commitment as well as Dean.

Plan is to leave at 9am and we were just going to ride the Dunes and way east, as we are still mapping it.

Would be nice to meet another,

Albertan

Reaction score
I was talking to my office manager today. She used to do a lot of quadding before she broke her wrist. She asked me is we ever rode on the other side of the railway trestle. I told her we were planning on it but had never made our way across the river yet. She told me that if you continue down Weyerhauser's road and cross the bridge, there is a place to park at the top of the hill on the other side, and plenty of good riding around there. Might be something to try as well. The Dunes will be dusty as can be again since its been dry.

My diesel is in Cochrane at the moment. Pulling the new trailer with the half ton should be fun...

And I agree with Jason, the more the merrier. Hopefully the weather holds up. Especially to ride Big Mountain on Remembrance Day. :beerchug:

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't foresee a problem, we were just going to head out for about a 4hr ride, or 100km, whichever comes first lol,... I have an afternoon commitment as well as Dean.

Plan is to leave at 9am and we were just going to ride the Dunes and way east, as we are still mapping it.

Would be nice to meet another,

PM sent

Top Bottom