Engine Rev limits

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was curious on what the Rev limit is on a doo. I know that I normally run between 8000 - 8200 as a rule and this is where I have the best performance on my sled.

I ran a friends sled on NOS and he was hitting 8700 or close to it on the button. Is this not bad?? Anyone knowledgeable peeps have any input on this theory??

With my clutch kit I have no problem keeping my RPM's up to 8200 regardless of the situation. Deep or hard pack it doesn't matter. I have a couple other mods that give me good power. But If the 800 HO can safely run at 8700 without blowing up then is it OK to run at that RPM. Not all the time I mean, just when its needed.

Thx

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock 800HO works best around 8100 TACH.

after that you could very well be loosing horsepower.

however when a sled is on nitrous 8500-8700 is nromal and makes good power.

i see on both my nitrous machines 8500+ and this is when they pull the hardest on the button

on the rkt 827 with the new mapping he reccomends to run 8500-9000 rpm which these motors can easily tolerate.

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stock 800HO works best around 8100 TACH.

after that you could very well be loosing horsepower.

however when a sled is on nitrous 8500-8700 is nromal and makes good power.

i see on both my nitrous machines 8500+ and this is when they pull the hardest on the button

on the rkt 827 with the new mapping he reccomends to run 8500-9000 rpm which these motors can easily tolerate.

Maxwell, you just sold me on the 827 kit. I had been looking at it and thinking of a way to convince my wife that I need it.

What would make the motor loose power at 8500 but gain it at 8500 with NOS?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive installed a few. and tuned a few. they work WELL.

i usually set them up around 8500,8600 just because the thing screams at that rpm im not so sure about 9000 but kelcy says its perfectly safe.

as far as the nitrous and extra rpm thats a question for an engine builder. im not sure.

just know it works! hhaha

team dirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.sledseymourarm.ca
deffinetly big bore. i have an 830 on my 04 and it was the best money for a mod i could have spent. make sure the porting is good though or you might as well leave it stock. if you can pull 8500 on nos i wonder if a little more weight into the primary and load the engine harder would be more benificial than just straight out revs. it might make it a dog off the nos though. what clicker is he running and with what ramps. if it is all stock clutching mabey take a few thousandth off the heel of the ramp where the clicker adjusts angle. might load harder and pull way more. arm stretcher.

Top Bottom