engine removal

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Down to two wires and its out.... Do u have to cut the or is there a connectore. Ones black and looks grounded. Other is red? And i can't see a connector.Anyone know if i have to and splice these?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When ya put it back in use a 2 wire conector like what a 4 wire boat trailer use. Grease it up and plug it in

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will post pics later when i get there. On a side note my engine is bassically worn out at 5000km on the big bore. Cracked the just by the exhaust transfer port, worn out pistons and a crank that is out.

Anyone know how much a 950 kit is these days?? to repair the just and pistons i am already looking at $1000 repair, just want to see what a few bucks more will get me.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will post pics later when i get there. On a side note my engine is bassically worn out at 5000km on the big bore. Cracked the just by the exhaust transfer port, worn out pistons and a crank that is out.

Anyone know how much a 950 kit is these days?? to repair the just and pistons i am already looking at $1000 repair, just want to see what a few bucks more will get me.
I have heard that cracking between the transfer ports is pretty common on the big bore kits. I don't think it is any indication of wear, and what I was told is that it is inconsequential.

Brap

Reaction score
I have heard that cracking between the transfer ports is pretty common on the big bore kits. I don't think it is any indication of wear, and what I was told is that it is inconsequential.

a 950 kit requires new cylinders. best guess would be 5000+

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow thats a lot of dough.... teeroy you are correct, i have heard the same thing with the cracking. probably because it is a larger piston and can get some piston slap in the bores as things wear.

So crank was out .002 on PTO side and the 0.006 on MAG side. Just looking at the mag side, seems the locite that doo uses did not bond well and the damper was moving on the crank stub.

Anyone give any advice on bearings, i have a basic understanding but can anyone explain how bad is bad.

Top Bottom