Engine removal help

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
Any tips on removing the motor form my 07 rev? I have the Y pipe off, the throtle body off, the coolant drained and lines off the motor, Just having trouble with the oil Cable. Any tips? I think thats the only think really left before i can pull the motor out.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
U will have fun with 2 out of the 4 mount bolts.

U will have to wege a bar to keep the tube from turning with the bolt.

I usually wait till I get the motor loose to do the oil cable. Gives ya a bit more room

sent from my htc

Summit800_Andy

Reaction score
And does anyone know what size Allen key the motor mounts are?

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there not allen keys, there a torques bit style. if i remember correctly there a number 35? like tex said once two bolts are loose the other bolt on the side of the motor mount is a pita.... i use and impact gun and sometimes get lucky or else i will hold it with vise grips (on the shaft) and they will come out.

as for the oil injection cable its very simple i use a sharp pick/small flat blade screwdriver (pilot jet size) and pop the C clip off the plastic nub. be sure not to loose the thin washer behind the clip.

when your putting the engine back in, if your rebuilding it. make sure to use silcone or something like it to keep the torques bits from dropping the bolts as you slide them threw the holes on the exhaust side of bulkhead.

hope this helps

nielsy

Reaction score
the torx are t40 and when I take an engine out I take the 2 bolts that holds the oilpump and unhook the 2 hoses from oilpump to back of engine then the only spillage is from the gear inside the engine and you just move oilpump out of the way and leave cable and feedhose intakt

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sorry i was wrong. 35 is not correct. i just cant remember from last year when i had the engine out. i will know next week sometime when i put it back in :D

Top Bottom