engine issue

jonyblade

Reaction score
i recently purchased my 1st rzr s,, 2010,, 800,, have some issues with it running, seems to run fine on start up, but after a spin around the block it appears to be mis firing,, or running on one cylinder, very rough,, i am thinking when the plug warms up it fouls,, seems to run rough up to 2400 rpm,, then it fires and runs smoothly from there up,, just wondering what the feed back would be for this issue,, thx

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does it stall on you much? Do you ever have trouble starting it?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i recently purchased my 1st rzr s,, 2010,, 800,, have some issues with it running, seems to run fine on start up, but after a spin around the block it appears to be mis firing,, or running on one cylinder, very rough,, i am thinking when the plug warms up it fouls,, seems to run rough up to 2400 rpm,, then it fires and runs smoothly from there up,, just wondering what the feed back would be for this issue,, thx

Is the plug oil fouled or fuel fouled, and is it always the same plug when this happens. Throw in a set of NEW plugs, if this doesn't help, and its the same cylinder you can try swapping coils to see if the problem moves cylinders. If that doesn't change, then try swapping plug wires.

jonyblade

Reaction score
no stall ever and always starts good,, was talking to polaris today, could be a few things,, tps, coil, wires, plugs,, etc,, got plugs, thats the easy one,, going to change tonight, see what happens

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
club plug has iridium spark plugs and several types of wire and caps. Free shipping right now.

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Almost sounds like a bad fuel pump or tps. I know every time i have had a low fuel pressure problem on a efi quad it will start and runs good till you rev it up under load. no power and misfiring. And once i found a bad tps sensor that had the same symptoms. A easy way to rule out tps is to unplug it and go for a ride, the pcm will default to a basic fuel table and if it runs good it the tps sensor.

jonyblade

Reaction score
good symptoms to look for guys, appreciate the feed back, after taking the bed off, i found that the rear cylinder plug wire fell off as soon as i touched it, after looking at the plug, it was 2/3 buried in dirt, scrape and blow, scrape and blow, replaced the plugs and it runs like a top,, now that the wire is correclty on, also looking for input on 28 on r14,, and to clutch or not,, i have another thread in the mud pit, tell me what u think

Nytroman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta like easy fixes like that! I wouldnt clutch for 28's personally but my riding conditions might be way different

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See how you like it as is. If you're happy with the power and aren't smoking belts, then don't mess with the clutching.

Top Bottom