engine ice?

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody ever tried that engine ice{coolant } in their quad to help them keep cool and not overheat i heard apparently it suppose to keep it 10 Deg cooler any imput or info would be appreciated i think i might try it the old Grizz:cool:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just go with regular antifreeze and change it a couple times a year,from what I have heard its a waste of money but I have never tried it,Just heard!
Just Sayin!
Hondamando! LMAO!

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I haven't tried the engine ice but I do run Coolaid. So far my temps have been down at least 5 degrees cooler. I have heard somewhere that engine ice and similar coolants actually raise the boiling point though. You might actually be overheating without knowing, if you don't have a temp guage. It's just a coolant also...not an antifreeze.

climbin

Reaction score
I switched both the Outlander and Renegade over to engine ice and it definately made a big difference. I wouldn't say they run any certain degrees cooler but the fan doesn't cycle nearly as often as it used to and the overtemp hasn't come once. In my opinion it's worth the $60 especially when you consider what the long term effect of overheating your engine is.

t_thall

Reaction score
made the difference in my 450 race bike between boiling over after a race and not...

RapidKaty

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
Just go with regular antifreeze and change it a couple times a year,from what I have heard its a waste of money but I have never tried it,Just heard!
Just Sayin!
Hondamando! LMAO!

Also heard it was a waste of money and that with our Alberta winters its a bad idea because it raises the freezing temp to -27. I would suggest Coolanol or some other antifreeze that is high quality.
if you're having minor heat increases it will knock a few degrees off (if running in moderate temp) if you are having overheating issues there isn't a liquid out there that will help you. you'll have to keep the rad clean all the time or replace it with a better fan and rad, or rad relocation kit

Coolanol $15 for 64 fl. OZ
Highlifter rad relocation kit $650.00 (comes with new rad and heavy duty fan)
gorilla rad relocation kit $280.00 (uses factory rad)

Rapid Revolutions
780-455-7553

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I switched to Engine Ice in my bike, I was having high temp issues and boil over issues in tight trails when moving slow. It was an easier and cheeper fix and without a temp gauge a few degrees less might be what I needed. I don't know where people are paying $60, I paid $25.

Since then I have ridden in much hotter temps, ridden slower in worse conditions and haven't had the over heating issues.

As far as the freeze poitn goes, I am not concerned, by bike stays in the garage all winter.

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have never tried engine ice. I do run a temp gauge though, and plus if your riding against the wind. You will be just fine even with normal coolant. I just dont really trust all these different coolants, to run them in my bike. JUst my opinion

Big Jon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Water Wetter added to your existing coolant will help and not compromise the anti freeze qualities. Engine ice is better for racing applications as anything on pavement is not allowed to have antifreeze. I added water wetter to my quads, that now run cooler, and my truck. It made a difference to both. It will work better with straight water than mixed, but we do live where winter happens so...

Top Bottom