Engine Ice Coolant

tekimsbro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anybody tried Engine Ice coolant or any other brand? My CanAm runs hot. Some of the coolants I looked at were not good for below zero celcius. The Engine Ice was good till -26F, but I heard there was a brand that you just add into your existing coolant, still works in cold weather...but increases the boiling point.

Ridin High

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Engine ice does work. Have run it in a 2007 Grizz 700. The water wetter also works with coolant. Run it in the XP and it helps.

Ford01

Reaction score
There is a additive you can use called purple ice made by Royal purply and you can get it at the part source just add to your antifreeze

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the MoCool made by Motul in my 07 Grizzly haven't had any problems since and you just add it to you existing coolant. Seems to work great:beer:

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been running Engine Ice for 3 years in my Outty...works great. My pal tried the water wetter and it never made much of difference.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we run watter wetter in motorhome, brought temp down from 210 to 180 with 2 jugs,
never tryed in Quads, we have YAMAHAS,, dont run Hot.not even when PULLING Bombadiers out ! :d

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've found Engine Ice to make a big difference. I never overheat my grizzlies anymore unless my rad is completely plugged up with mud. Before switching to engine Ice, I used to overheat just riding dry trails on a warm day. ...the stuff is supposed to be environmentally friendly too.

650XT

Reaction score
I just put Engine Ice in my Outty a few weeks ago, and HUGE difference! I would reccomend to anyone.

crisscross1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
# Engine Ice - F.A.Q
Is Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant “Silicate Free” and “Phosphate free?” ... Yes, Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is safe for aluminum and most all ...
Engine Ice - F.A.Q Here are the facts guys

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where are you guys buying this Engine Ice? How much$. Thanks.

So far, I've only ever been able to find it at the dealerships. It's a tad pricy at 26 bones for two liters, but I definately find it worth the money.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing the name with us....... :d please.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Engine Ice all the way - ran it in the race cars for years, helps big time. Pure water is better than coolant also, make sure you use distilled water.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running Coolaid in my modified Banshee and it seems to work real good. Even at Brule, in the sand and up the hills it seems to keep cool.

Waxy

Reaction score
One word of caution with the Engine Ice - it prevents boil overs because it has a much higher boiling point than normal antifreeze.

Your engine might not be boiling over or acting hot, but that doesn't mean it's running cooler, in fact, it's likely running consistently hotter.

IMHO, Engine Ice is a bit of a band-aid fix, it doesn't actually address the problem of why the engine is overheating, it just covers it up.

Waxy

Top Bottom