Engine Compression Testing

sldnxs

Reaction score
Hello all, could someone tell me what the ideal compression is for a 600 / 800 Liberty engine on a Polaris Snowmobile.

Also what is the recommended way of testing? throttle open, throttle closed, plugs in on the non-testing side or out, and engine warm or cold? How many cranks 6 or until peak pressure reached? Fuel injection - non-fuel injection?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello all, could someone tell me what the ideal compression is for a 600 / 800 Liberty engine on a Polaris Snowmobile.

Also what is the recommended way of testing? throttle open, throttle closed, plugs in on the non-testing side or out, and engine warm or cold? How many cranks 6 or until peak pressure reached? Fuel injection - non-fuel injection?

Engine hot, throttle wide open, plugs in or out, doesn't matter. I leave 'em out, make sure that the kill switch if off and the key it out as well.

Cumminsnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine's about 145 psi but I have a low comp head on mine so I can run reg around home with my ported and piped 800. If I remember right it was 150 in stock form.

Top Bottom