Engine compression and head change

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Going to post this here and the xp forum to get the most exposure as I need answers or ideas asap, so please help! I have an 09XP blah blah blah and I decided to install the bikeman performer kit this season. Installed everything as spec and torqued to spec etc. Fired it up and ran for about an hour to refil cooling system ( was completely drained) and it ran fine, idled but was way harder to pull start im assuming due to the extra compression of the head. After this I had to pull the y pipe to fix something and i noticed milky oil and alot of oil in the pipe so I knew i had coolant getting in somewhere. Pulled the head last night and everything looks good but can tell that the coolant has been getting in. So my question is do you have to replace the o rings everytime you pull the head? you could see where the o ring left a mark on the shiny aluminum of the domes and it was continuous so i dont think it was a case of the oring not sealing, I'm stumped????

Also when it was running the smoke trial was normal, usually coolant in a engine will burn white.

Help!!!:confused:

Top Bottom