Engine bog causes? 04 1M Cat

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 04 1M 900 is amazing all around but when counter steering hard to the right is bogs and if \i don't back out of the throttle \i can stall the machine right out? any help would be the greatest thing ever, trying to get sorted tomorrow for an xmas day ride:beer: thanks in advance

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my 04 1M 900 is amazing all around but when counter steering hard to the right is bogs and if \i don't back out of the throttle \i can stall the machine right out? any help would be the greatest thing ever, trying to get sorted tomorrow for an xmas day ride:beer: thanks in advance

It's call pipe cap. The pipe is trying to move exhaust out of the engine but the snow restricts that movement. Put a snow deflector in front of your pipe exit. Should solve that problem

helgy

Reaction score
Website
www.bordertownsnowbombers.com
First, if you havent already done it, tape the under hood air intake behind the muffler off. Steam and snow gets sucked into the airbox from there. Then pull the airbox off, pry the plastic SLP filter off the back and cut the hole out to full size (it will have 3 or 4 small holes, I cant remember). On my 05 EFI, I also put on a front exit exhaust, and gutted the airbox. This helped mine a lot, but I never did completely get rid of the bog.

Oh yes, I also went back to the stock suitcase muffler, my "thing" stinger made the bog WAY worse.

Hope this helps.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
will do, thanks for the input, I've read this a common issue with these sleds, just wanted more input on what I would do to remedy it before I head to Valemount, thanks again:beer:

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks, any specific silicone? rtv style for heat I'm guessing, the deflector I put on is helping the issue, I will try the other two this weekend, thanks again for the input:beer:

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just use the cheap RTV silicone. With the vibration from the exhaust it won't last very long anyway. Then peel it off and reseal it again. I am very happy with the Kitty in the powder.

Reaction score
Website
www.highmarkadventures.com
Hmmm have the same issues on my backup sled, an 05 King Cat efi. When carving in pwder on the right side unless you go into it wide open it bogs and sounds like it drops a cylinder.
Will have to look into this deflector thing you guys speak of.

Thanks

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First, if you havent already done it, tape the under hood air intake behind the muffler off. Steam and snow gets sucked into the airbox from there. Then pull the airbox off, pry the plastic SLP filter off the back and cut the hole out to full size (it will have 3 or 4 small holes, I cant remember). On my 05 EFI, I also put on a front exit exhaust, and gutted the airbox. This helped mine a lot, but I never did completely get rid of the bog.

Oh yes, I also went back to the stock suitcase muffler, my "thing" stinger made the bog WAY worse.

Hope this helps.

Mine is carbed and I have no bog at all. I have heard from other owners that the front or shock tower exhaust dump will cure the bog. I have also heard of putting the outlet down into the tunnel so it exits into the track. I have not seen that mod yet. It has an SLP single pipe and can and I jet it to the spec on the underhood sticker. I have not modified the intake at all.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the big cat likes to breath. proper jetting, taping off lower intakes and addding a home made snorkel through the speedo hole or SLP cold air intake kit will cure the bog.

adding the snorkel drops leans it out a size or two so keep this in mind when it's -20....

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the big cat likes to breath. proper jetting, taping off lower intakes and addding a home made snorkel through the speedo hole or SLP cold air intake kit will cure the bog.

adding the snorkel drops leans it out a size or two so keep this in mind when it's -20....

any pics? I am a total pic whore and it's gives a guy an idea of how to go about it

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[/ATTACH]

This what i did for the 900 in my gen II

Attachments

• cell phone pics 127.jpg
    cell phone pics 127.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom