Enclosed Trailer Heating

Vosh

Reaction score
I would like to install or better yet "HAVE" installed a forced air system in my 23' enclosed sled trailer. It would require a full system - propane, electrical. etc... everything! What set-up is a good one to have installed? Can someone recomend a place in Edmonton or (?) that I can start my search? I would appreciate any advice so I can weigh the options.

mattlynde12

Reaction score
I found that buying on eBay is a way better deal then buying local here but I am in the states. Search "tntt forums". I know its not a snowmobile trailer but they have a enclosed trailer section. Lots of ideas their.

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The shop off 156st and 112ave do good value service, not sure if they can help but would be worth a shot

crazy legs

Reaction score
hey vosh u should of bought with the trailer I do install professionally but u have to take better care of trailer and don't buy steel fenders lol

Vosh

Reaction score
It's a small world! AAAAAt the time the fender (Alum versus Steel) looked the same - well close! All is good after this Saturday.

powder junkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ordered my trailer wit heat and insulation ($2500 option) after doin research and relizing that unless u plan to do all the work urself, it will cost an arm and leg to heat, doing it at a shop. Best bet is new trailer or just portable heater inside to get by. I heard stories of costing 5-6g. But it cant hurt to call around neway.

Vosh

Reaction score
You are so right with the cost to install a new furnace! However, at the time of purchase i only had so much on the P.O. I received from the wife. So, I purchased a portable Mr. Heater - I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well it works. But I do appreciate the advice.

posnick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a heater kit with a 35K furnace, 2X30lb tanks, a battery and t-stat will run you about $1800....Then you need to run wiring and propane lines....Labour and shop supplies may be just as much as the parts.

Also take into consideration charging that battery. I would recommend installing atleast a 30 amp panel with a convertor.

Last edited:

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are so right with the cost to install a new furnace! However, at the time of purchase i only had so much on the P.O. I received from the wife. So, I purchased a portable Mr. Heater - I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well it works. But I do appreciate the advice.

Just a note on that MR HEATER.
No refuelling or open gas in the trailer with that heater!!!!
if you run it for an hour - DO NOT walk in and close the door --- they burn all the oxygen out of the air - leaving deadly fumes....
also the sun flower heaters give off a lot of water vapour. So the trailer will rain from the inside of the roof if you run it very long. That's why they use the RV direct vent furnaces. They draw combustion air for outside, the furnace box is sealed inside so no flame and directs the exhaust back outside. So this type vents the water vapour back outside with the fumes.

I I looked a outfitting my 24' enclosed with everything and the cost is too much to have it done now
so looking at selling and buying a trailer with everything already installed

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Agree that factory installed is the way to go. 24' ATC with 6' v-nose, insulation and 35,000 BTU furnace with associated electrical was about a $2,500 option.

Vosh

Reaction score
You know what..... Great posts, seriously, the comments will change how I use the heater.

Nordeggab

Reaction score
A lot of travel trailers were wrote off in the hail storms Alberta had last summer. I found a used compact furnace with a thermostat for a couple hundred bucks and it was simple to install. Now I have dual furnaces in my toyhauler.

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed a 40k btu Atwood in my 28'. Did all myself. Total on the heater was $1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got three heating sources in my 28' mirage, 40k propane furnace, electric baseboard style heaters (2) when power is available. In the fall when used for hunting I use a kero-world kerosene heater (23,000btu) rating in series with the propane heater as the propane heater doesn't really keep up to be comfortable to sleep in.

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iceman. Is the kero-world heater safe for sleeping do you run a c02 sensor. Or no worries

BEL

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Iceman. Is the kero-world heater safe for sleeping do you run a c02 sensor. Or no worries

I was wondering the same thing. We have a forced air construction style kerosene heater but would never use it inside or anywhere you were sleeping.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. We have a forced air construction style kerosene heater but would never use it inside or anywhere you were sleeping.
It is designed for indoor use. I do have a C0 detector to play it safe. My trailer also has a couple vent ports which are always open. The heater does require oxygen to burn properly.

• Thanks
Reactions: BEL

hcr ditch banger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks iceman. Found the heater on Canadian tire site. Might try one out.

Top Bottom