Enclosed Trailer Floors

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
We are going to fibreglass the floor and put our super glides on top, I am going to do a bond test to see if it will stick to the treated wood and if it doesnt we will replace the wood and get er done. I have been working with fibreglass for 25 years so it will be a snap and look incredible with a great life span as well. If anyone is interested I figure I could do a 28 foot trailer for about $1000.00. When we get ours done I will take pics and post them, see what you boys think. We are also going to incorporate an under the floor storage box with our battery and generator in it so it should be interesting as well.

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Pretty hard for the average guy to get, I have alot of available material to me as the ol man still dabbles with fibreglass in his retirement, its also a little interesting to work with, if you dont know what you are doing you can make a big mess.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What size is your trailer and the name of the place in Airdre you got your quote from. That seems pretty reasonable. I had a couple of quotes done in Red Deer One from Line -x came in at $10.00 sq. ft. plus 250.00 for color plus tax. which comes out to 3g or better for a 28 ft enclosed. the other place was 2500.00 , and i have done all the prep work sanded the floor removed all the trim etc. I am thinking of doing a spray on liner myself for those prices. maybe try the Gater Guard II. Anyone else try these do it yourself box liner coatings, and how are they standing up.

My sled trailer is a 2 place V Noze about 22ft in length. The place in Airdrie is called Airdrie Truck Accessories. The trailer is still not done. Looked at a few trailer floors at The Edmonton sled show on the weekend. Now I am not sure if coating the floor is a good idea or not. Maybe will just leave the wood floor and add the Superglides?

Smithys

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an enclosed trailer as well. Right after I bought it when the floor was new, I painted the floor with "porch paint" and then sprinkled non-slid compound (sand) on it when it was still wet. Painted the floor and the ramp and it has holded up very well. I haul my quad with snowblade in there and no scuffs or paint chips, has holded up very well.
My first enclosed trailer, I undercoated it with rock guard. It was ok for the first year then with rocks and gravel beating it and snow, water getting on it, it started to chip off. The other thing I didn't like was with the floor (on the inside) would get stained by stuff (oil, water, or anything else that I person would drop) and made it look ugly!!!!
Just my 2 cents !!
Dale

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put a couple coats of waterproof wood preservative every fall. Seems to help keep the snow from sticking.

cscherer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are going to fibreglass the floor and put our super glides on top, I am going to do a bond test to see if it will stick to the treated wood and if it doesnt we will replace the wood and get er done. I have been working with fibreglass for 25 years so it will be a snap and look incredible with a great life span as well. If anyone is interested I figure I could do a 28 foot trailer for about $1000.00. When we get ours done I will take pics and post them, see what you boys think. We are also going to incorporate an under the floor storage box with our battery and generator in it so it should be interesting as well.

how did this work....I have a 24ft that I would like to do as well....:d

trainer

Reaction score
I have appllied ultimate linings on my truck and trailors.It's industrial product formulations offer solutions for abrasion resistance, water proof coatings, blast resistance, hazardous materials containment energy, ballistic armor, chemical resistance, floor coatings, energy efficient insulation, structural reinforcement, corrosion resistance, fire retardant and thermal barrier coatings.I want to say only "From industrial, residential to automotive only Ultimate linings" is the perfect solutions.

ajay

Reaction score
I want to do something on my floor also, thought maybe epoxy 2 part coating like they use on industrial pipe with grit. I bought the superglides but hesitated on installing them as they would be covering some of the floor anchors and looked like they may be a place to trap debris(lots of cleaning). I use superclamps for sleds and street bike anchors in the summer. Just a note when it was new(06') I left my clear tank M1 sled inside for summer and am pretty sure the fumes from the treated plywood floor caused the tank to turn brown cause it never did it in my last untreated floor trailer.
Aj

OVERKILL 19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Line X, enclosed 3 years, still looks like new, but stupid $$$$ I think it was $4200.00 but we have air craft tie down track down the center and both sides they had to cut around. Both front and back ramps are done as well with super glides.

X-RS Doo

Reaction score
When my trailer was new I painted the floor and both doors with 3 coates of floor paint from Home Depot with plenty of grit mixed in it. I then installed the Super Glides. The paint in incredibly hard and it is not slippery at all when it is wet. It seems to be holding up well this season .

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
My floor is sealed with grey floor paint and then I covered it with Racedeck Freeflow Flooring which are 12"x12" snap together plastic grills that allows moistures to breath and dry up. They are screwed down to the floor and this gives the ski's a nice smooth floor to glide over and the carbides do not cut into the plastic at all. If I ever sell the trailer I can then take them out and move them to another one. You can get as fancy as you want with this stuff and they have edging as well so you can finish the entry way if you like. Bought mine at for $1.75 per square as it was left over from a job they did. Call Jim and ask if he has any more at that price.

Attachments

• photof1.jpg
    photof1.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 508
  • photof2.jpg
    photof2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 508
  • photof3.jpg
    photof3.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 502

curt79

Reaction score
GasCan how is the racedeck floor holding up? Do the rods cut up the tiles? Is the super glides needed?

f150truck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The floor they use in the mirage trailers is awesome. Looks like it should be slippery but never is, the most slippery part is the plastic track traction bars on the door.

you can buy the covered plywood.

muddmadness

Reaction score
The floor they use in the mirage trailers is awesome. Looks like it should be slippery but never is, the most slippery part is the plastic track traction bars on the door.

you can buy the covered plywood.

where do you get some of this flooring? where is mirage trailers out of? i looked on their website and couldnt find much.

snotwister

Reaction score
You can buy that stuff from flaman trailers in nisku.They will order it for you and its about the same price as in the link thats posted.Also for a little less money you can get Nudo flooring which is very similar except a little thinner than 3/4 of a inch which works out better in some situations.Its about $100.00 for a 4x8 sheet and you can get it from grass lands trailer sales.Just ask Don and he will order it for you.There is no shipping charges at either place as they will just throw it in a trailer when they order one.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have rubber flooring with the diamond plate pattern on it.

DSC00560.jpg

I also added super glides so the carbides wouldn't damage it.

Revelstoke-20120224-00249.jpg

Kind of hard to see in this pic. I'll get a better one.

Top Bottom